Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Internal Brain Magnets, No Owners Manual!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Internal Brain Magnets, No Owners Manual!

May 12, 1992 Magnetic Crystals, Guides for Animals, Found in Humans - The New York Times
    That magnetite, one of the hardest metals on earth, is synthesized by the human brain "is sure to astound most scientists," ...and why certain odd blips, called spin echoes, show up on magnetic resonance images (MRI) of the brain. ... The National Institutes of Health and other agencies that finance research have balked at supporting the work, he said, "because they can't understand what a geologist is doing fooling around with human brain tissue." ... unmistakable evidence of a ferromagnetic mineral -- compounds that interact strongly with magnetic fields. ... Most regions of the brain had five million magnetite crystals per gram of tissue. The tough membrane that covers the brain had 100 million crystals per gram. Each human brain on average contains seven billion particles of magnetite, weighing a total of one-millionth of an ounce. ... Magnetite interacts over a million times more strongly with external magnetic fields than any other biological material, Dr. Kirschvink said, including the iron in red blood cells. If only one cell in a million contains magnetite, he said, magnetic fields could exert an effect on the tissue.
    Tech:"Before we start the MRI, Do you have a metal plate in your head sir?"
    Me: "NO .. JUST THESE FLIPPING MAGNETS you Nit-Wit!, Shoot Me Now!!"
    And they just can't understand why they must give you drugs to keep you still
    I don't know about you, but I never got an owner's manual warning me about
    the magnets.

Biomagnetism and Bio-Electromagnetism:The Foundation of Life

I'd heard they were finding magnets in animals ..
    it was news to me we have them also.

Randy
    Remember to be kind to your mind ...
    Tesla quoting Buddha: "Ignorance is the greatest evil in the world."
Working...
X