One magnet no bearing Bedini motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relay coil to cap

EDIT: I just connected the cap parallel to the relay coil with a diode to the plus of the cap and it charges nicely!
    But something really strange was discovered, i still had the pickup-coil connected to the cap, but it was lying far away from the Bedini coil. So if i disconnect the strong Cap charging effect doesnt happen, it seems to have to stay connected !?!?!
    I made a video of it, will post it once uploaded. Here it is : YouTube - RelayPickup
    This setup is really exciting many possibilities to recover energy, it looks really really promising.
    Last edited by Xenomorph; 04-14-2009, 12:12 AM.

Comment

@Xenomorph.Great job.I agree.I think this captured bemf can be put to good use.Looking forward to your vid to see what you have been up too.regards jonnydavro
      Last edited by jonnydavro; 04-13-2009, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Hi.I have been collecting bemf from the relay coil in the bedini trigger circuit using a diode and cap and i wondered if you could collect it from both directions and you can.Here is a circuit to show you what i mean.
        Regards jonnydavro
        Attached Files

Comment

@jonnydavro
          Have you noticed a slowed down charging rate on the first capacitor when you added the second?
          I have thought about something like that too, but whenever i have tried that before the available radiant energy was evenly distributed over ALL the caps.

BUT if the charging rate is as fast on both caps as on a single one, then this is a winner hehe.

Have you tried to parallely connect a pickup coil with a rectifier to the cap too? It was enormously boosting my charging as to be seen in my last vid.

Do you actually reach a cap voltage higher than the supply battery voltage, because thats where the step charging on my relay coil cap stops at?

I am making an aircoil right now like Ted suggested to see what can be done with that.
          Hehe is see the magnet being "miked" like a president with dozens of different pickup-coils

Really fun this project

Comment

@Xenomorph.The first cap charges at the same rate,no slow down with the second cap connected and reaches voltage's higher than the supply battery.This is why i think you should try running at 4.5v.
            The second cap charges to just under half off the voltage off the first cap.
            The addition off these caps has no effect on the rpm's off the motor.
            I have not tried your paralleling a coil but i will and let you know what happens.
            I think aircore coils is well worth investigating as like you mentioned earlier you could use many arranged in a dome and there is less drag.
            Happy experimenting regards jonnydavro

Comment

Made an air coil pickup coil

@Ted Ewert:

Your were dead on!

The puck-shaped air coil is cutting it, charges the cap up very fast to 20 Volts! This magnet/big coil setup is really producing a strong magnetic field to hit the air-core coil. And it has the benefit that it does not attract the magnet.

Thanks for your input!

If anyone cares too see it : YouTube - Aircore

Comment

@ Xenomorph. What you show in your video is amazing.You are getting a very high output from your aircore so we owe Ted a beer on that one.I agree with you on the strong magnetic field off these magnets and the high rpm they are spinning is contributing to the high output.I still can't get over how much voltage you are generating from just one coil.I know your probably winding a few more.I would be
                I cannot see my cored coils outperforming yours as with the core comes drag so i think you have made a great advancement here but i will still test them just to see.
                Looking forward to where you go with this.Thanks for embracing this project and from the looks off it ,your having just as much fun as me.
                Regards jonnydavro

Comment

Originally posted by Xenomorph View Post
                  @Ted Ewert:

Your were dead on!

The puck-shaped air coil is cutting it, charges the cap up very fast to 20 Volts! This magnet/big coil setup is really producing a strong magnetic field to hit the air-core coil. And it has the benefit that it does not attract the magnet.

Thanks for your input!

If anyone cares too see it : YouTube - Aircore
                  @ Xenomorph:

Do you get any induced voltage if you stop the magnet spinning with the coil in the same position as on your video?

Hoppy

Comment

@Hoppy: The circuit would not be putting anything through the bedini coil without the magnet triggering it. But i know what you mean.
                    So i even lifted up the whole Bedini coil while the magnet was spinning on top of it and put the aircore coil UNDER the bedini coil, to see if the aircore induction is not mainly a product of the Bedini-coils magnetism.
                    There was a slight reading of maybe 0.3 V but not more.
                    So the induced voltage is indeed nearly entirely coming from the magnets movement

Thanks for pointing that out though.

If anyone here actually wants to replicate the aircore coil, here i explain how it is made: YouTube - AircorecoilSpecs

Comment

@ Xenomorph

I have played with air cores while running an SSG and found that I can get more voltage out of an air core coil if I place it about 1/3 to 1/2 way up or down the drive coil. I've wondered what kind of voltage you could get off a flat bifilar Tesla coil. Just a thought.

Comment

@ xenomorph

Thanks for doing this and excluding the possibly of coil coupling. The induced voltage is surprisingly high and I'm intrigued enough about by this setup to give it a try myself.

Hoppy

Comment

Hi.I have today tested the bemf recovery from the relay coil and also Xenomorph's aircore coil and can confirm his findings.I tested with both the angular spinning magnet and the verticle spinner and think the verticle spinner is the better of the two.The verticle spinner seems uneffected by the coil but the angular spinner slows down.Here is a video off the test.
                          Regards jonnydavro
                          YouTube - One magnet no bearing Bedini motor vid3

Comment

2nd aircore coil finished

@jonnydavro: Nice one, looks good

I have just finished a 2nd aircore coil. It works great together with the first one.

How many can we get around the magnet ?

Looks like i gotta buy a lot of copper wire now

I made a little video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaY2Yalhris

Comment

@Xenomorph.Great video. Your aircore coils seem to work great on this setup as you show on your vid and there looks like there is plenty off scope to add more as is your plan,how many we can add?I don't know but 4 certainly looks possible with the speed your magnet is spinning.
                              An update where i am upto.I am still using one coil but have rewound with 40swg so the spool is full to see if i could increase the coil output/speed and it has so i will make another now and see what that does.
                              Keep up the good work regards jonnydavro.

Comment

Hey jonnydavro,
                                so are you saying that the induced voltage is significantly higher with 1000+ turns of thinner wire? That is interesting, my SWG 36 wire comes on a 110m spool and i have used it all up, so i could not make more than approx. 900 turns.
                                I was wondering if a too high turn count would be detrimental due to resistance issues, guess it needs experimenting

I am making a 3rd coil now, that will power a 555 circuit, so i can experiment with cap discharging the other coils.

Looking forward to seeing your new coil in action

Comment

Working...
                                X