To be happy! Ask yourself this question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be happy! Ask yourself this question

Have you ever asked yourself these questions?

"What is the purpose of L I F E?"

"My life?"

"Your Life?"

People everywhere are asking the questions; "What is the purpose of life?" and "Why are we here?" You might be amazed to learn, that Islam is providing clear and concise answers for these questions.

Most of those who reflect or think about life in any detail will consider and ponder these questions. There are as many different answers to these questions as there are people asking the questions. Some would hold that the purpose of life was to acquire wealth. Yet suppose they were to acquire millions of dollars,

what then would they claim is their purpose after doing so?

If the purpose of life is to become wealthy, there would be no purpose after becoming wealthy.

The fact is that when people approach their purpose here in this life from the aspect of only gaining wealth, after collecting the money they have dreamed of their lives loose purpose and then they live in restless tension suffering from a feeling of worthlessness.

How could wealth then be considered as the aim of life?

Could the acquisition of wealth guarantee happiness? Of course not.
    When we hear of millionaires or members of their families committing suicide, how could we consider the purpose of life would be to gain great wealth?

A child of 5 years would obviously prefer a new toy to a deposit slip for a million dollars.
    A teenager does not consider millions of dollars in the bank a substitute for movies, videos, pizza and hanging out with his friends.
    A person in their 80s or 90s would never consider holding on to their wealth in place of spending it to hold on to or regain their health.

This proves that money is not the main purpose at all the stages of one's life.

Wealth can do little or nothing to bring happiness to one who is a disbeliever in Almighty God, because regardless of what he or she would gain in this life they would always live in fear of what will happen to them in the end. They would wonder what would become of them and how they would end up.

Wealth and its accumulation as a purpose would be doomed to a temporary success at best and in the end it would only spell out self destruction.

So, what is the use of wealth to a person without belief? He would always fear his end and would always be skeptical of everything. He may gain a great material wealth but he would only lose himself in the end.

Worship of the One True Almighty God of the Universe [Allah in Arabic] as a primary goal or aim in life provides a believer with everything he needs to succeed in both this life and the Next Life.

The word for total surrender, submission, obedience, purity of heart and peace in the Arabic language is "Islam". Those who try to perform these actions are called "MU-slims" [Islam-ERs].

To a Muslim the whole purpose of life is "ibadah" or worship to the One True Almighty God on Terms and under His Conditions.

The term "worship" to a Muslim includes any and all acts of obedience to Almighty Allah.

So his purpose of life is a standing purpose; Worshipping Allah by accepting Allah's Will over his own.
    This act of ibadah [worshipping, thanking and extolling the Greatness Almighty Allah on His Terms and Conditions] is for the Muslim, throughout his whole life regardless of the stage. Whether he is a child, adolescent, adult or aged person, he is seeking after the Will of the Almighty in all these stages.
    His life here on earth although short, is full of purpose and is totally meaningful within the complete framework of total submission [Islam].

Similarly, in the Next Life as well, his faith, intentions, attitudes and good deeds will all be weighed into his account as favorable putting him in high esteem with his Creator and Sustainer.

Because Islam teaches that this life is only a test or trial for the individual to show him his true nature it is only natural that he would accept death as not so much an ending to everything but more as a beginning of the final and lasting life in the Hereafter.

Before entering into either of the final lodging places i.e.; Heaven or Hell, there must needs be a Day of Judgment or showing of one's true self to make them aware of their own nature and thereby understand what they have sent on ahead during the life here on the earth.

Every person will be rewarded [or punished] according to their attitude, appreciation and efforts during this stay on earth. None will be asked about the actions and beliefs of others, nor will anyone be asked regarding that which he was unaware of or incapable of doing.

As the life here is considered as an examination for the individual, the death stage is considered as a resting period after the test. It could be easy for those who were faithful and dedicated or it could be grueling and horrible for the wicked.

Reward and punishment will be in direct proportion to each person and it is only Allah, alone who will be the Final Judge over us all.

So in the teachings of the True Surrender, Submission, Obedience, In Sincerity and Peace to the Almighty One God [Islam], the line of life and its purpose is logical, clear and simple:

The first life is a test

The life in the grave is a resting or waiting place before the Day of Judgment

The Day of Judgment brings about the clear understanding of what will now happen to the individual based on his own desires and actions

The Permanent or Afterlife will either be spend in luxurious splendor or miserable punishment .

Following this clear understanding of life, the Muslim's purpose is clear.

First of all, he has no doubt in his mind that:
    he is only created by Allah
    he is going to spend a period of time in this material world [called "Ad Dunyah" in Arabic]
    he knows he will die
    he knows he will spend time in the grave, either pleasant or difficult depending on his own choice of attitude and actions
    he knows he will be resurrected for the Day of Judgment
    he knows he will be judged according to the most fair of standards by Allah the Almighty, the All

Knowing he realizes his attitude and actions are going to come under very close scrutiny
    he knows that this short life compared to the Eternal Life was in fact, only for a test

This life is very meaningful and purposeful to the Believing Muslim, as he realizes that it will determine is outcome and permanent position in the Next Life.

The Muslim's permanent purpose is to Surrender, Submit, Obey, in Purity and Peace to Allah the Almighty, carrying out His Orders and staying in some form of worship to Him as much as possible everyday.

This includes the orders of Allah in His Book, the Holy Quran and His final Messenger and Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him as follows:

Believing and declaring that "There is no god throughout all the Creation of Allah that is worthy of worship, all worship is due only to Allah, alone and He has no partners or helpers nor does He share His Lordship with any of His creations. And Muhammad, the son of Abdullah ibn Abdul Mutallib (1450 years ago) is the last and final messenger and servant of Almighty Allah, and is the culmination in a long line of prophets sent to mankind throughout man's history, including Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon, Jesus Christ, may Almighty Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon them all."

Establishing the regular five times ritualistic prayer [salat] in the stated times (in the mosques for the men when possible)

Paying the charity tax [Zakat = about 2.5% of one's holdings - not his income, annually]

Fasting the month of Ramadhan [lunar calendar]

Pilgrimage to the House of Allah in Mecca at least once in the life of the person, provided he has the ability and the way is safe

For a disbeliever the purpose of this life is to collect and amass great wealth, money, power and position. Over indulging in eating, drinking, drugs, sex and gambling are a high priority to them. But all of this will not avail them anything good in the grave, on the Day of Judgment or in the Next Life. Eventually he will be faced with the question:
    Now what?
    What's Next?
    Where am I going?
    What will happen to me?

He will come to know. For sure he will come to know. But then what will the knowledge avail him?

Look how Islam solves the mystery of the puzzle of life. It provides the answers to the questions and concerns of the human beings on all levels and in every aspect. It is really quite simple.

The purpose of life as understood by the Believing Muslim can be simply stated in only two (2) words:
    Obey God.

Our only purpose and salvation lie in these two words.

We must come to know our Creator, Sustainer and Ultimate Judge. We must learn to believe in Him, thank Him, praise Him, honor Him and worship Him, alone without any partners from His Creation. We must learn about His Messengers and Prophets, peace be upon them, and the message with which they were all sent. We must learn the Word of God as was directly revealed, preserved and memorized and passed down by memory throughout all the generations of Muslims to the present day.

Those who are in search of truth, having open minds and hearts will recognize this as a message in truth and sincerity. Open your heart and your mind now and ask the Almighty God of the Universe [Allah] to guide you now to His True Way. And then be ready to accept your true purpose in life.

Purpose of Life Islam
    What's The Purpose of life ?

http://www.islamtomorrow.com/purpose.htm

or

http://www.islamtomorrow.com/converts/

or

http://www.55a.net

or

http://www.quranexplorer.com/Quran/Default.aspx

or

http://www.islamtomorrow.com/

"The truth will set you free"

Not certain how the secrets of happiness are linked to wealth in your opener...

The secrets of Islam remain a secret to most of the world since no one seems to ever get a copy of the Islam book to examine readily.

There are no secrets to the Bible and it is readily available thru the world except were repressed by Islamists.

Its Biblical principals are love and forgiveness. From the son of God Jesus who sharing Gods power died for the forgiveness of our sin. The trinity of this belief includes the Holy Spirit who is the sender/messenger of love.

For information or a free copy of God Holy word...

www.Gideons.org

"My word will not return void" Isiah 55:11
    "But ye shall receive power..."
    Acts 1:8

Comment

Originally posted by wpage View Post
      There are no secrets to the Bible and it is readily available thru the world except were repressed by Islamists.
      Dear wpage

I agree that Islam's REAL teachings has remained a secret to most of the people, but here is a verse from Quran (2:4):

And who believe in the Revelation sent to thee, and sent before thy time, and (in their hearts) have the assurance of the Hereafter.

Muslims must accept the revelations before Quran to be a true Muslim (e.g Bible, Torah) and must be kind to everyone.

Well, the truth is one and the interpretations are many!

With Gratitude
      Elias
      Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
      http://blog.hexaheart.org

Comment

Hi Ahmad,

First of all I appreciate your info about Islam so much, but Islam has got so far from where it was supposed to be. Islam means surrendering to the will of God. And despite the fact that Islam has many many names for God, to indicate the fact that God is not a word, but Muslims see God in the word "Allah" mostly. I don't mean to start any discussion about Islam at all. My only purpose for posting this is to make us ponder more about Islam and Quran as pondering is one of the main principles of Islam, why not ponder on the Islam and Quran itself. Islam has many great teachings which can assist one in his/her spiritual evolution, but most of it is interpreted upside down and mostly it results in spiritual devolution, sorry, but it is only my opinion.

The most inconsistent behavior seen in Islam is the fact that we must learn to love and forgive all, must we not, but Muslims still can not accept non-Muslims easily because they believe that Islam is the only perfect truth, despite the fact that Mohammad loved everyone according to the teachings of Islam.

I interpret Islam as surrendering to the will of God which is love, which means a Muslim must be pure unconditional love which leads to ultimate happiness, so why make things complicated?

With much Gratitude for sharing your view on Islam
        Elias
        Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
        http://blog.hexaheart.org

Comment

Hi Ahmad.

This includes the orders of Allah in His Book, the Holy Quran and His final Messenger and Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him as follows:

Believing and declaring that "There is no god throughout all the Creation of Allah that is worthy of worship, all worship is due only to Allah, alone and He has no partners or helpers nor does He share His Lordship with any of His creations. And Muhammad, the son of Abdullah ibn Abdul Mutallib (1450 years ago) is the last and final messenger and servant of Almighty Allah, and is the culmination in a long line of prophets sent to mankind throughout man's history, including Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon, Jesus Christ, may Almighty Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon them all."
          You might want to check out the peaceful prophet Muhammad a little closer;

Muhammad as a general - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The fate of the Banu Qurayza is particularly interesting:

bn Ishaq describes the killing of the Banu Qurayza men as follows:
          “ Then they surrendered, and the apostle confined them in Medina in the quarter of d. al-Harith, a woman of B. al-Najjar. Then the apostle went out to the market of Medina (which is still its market today) and dug trenches in it. Then he sent for them and struck off their heads in those trenches as they were brought out to him in batches. Among them was the enemy of Allah Huyayy b. Akhtab and Ka`b b. Asad their chief. There were 600 or 700 in all, though some put the figure as high as 800 or 900. As they were being taken out in batches to the apostle they asked Ka`b what he thought would be done with them. He replied, 'Will you never understand? Don't you see that the summoner never stops and those who are taken away do not return? By Allah it is death!' This went on until the apostle made an end of them. Huyayy was brought out wearing a flowered robe in which he had made holes about the size of the finger-tips in every part so that it should not be taken from him as spoil, with his hands bound to his neck by a rope. When he saw the apostle he said, 'By God, I do not blame myself for opposing you, but he who forsakes God will be forsaken.' Then he went to the men and said, 'God's command is right. A book and a decree, and massacre have been written against the Sons of Israel.' Then he sat down and his head was struck off.[38][52][39]
          The women and children were sold into slavery or retained as slaves by Muhammad and his men.

These were only part of the estimated 1200-1500 casualties during his campaigns, a significant number considering the size of the population of the area at that time.

By contrast Jesus never was a general, never had an army, never led or condoned war or violence, surrendered himself peacefully (even telling Peter to put up his sword when he tried to keep the soldiers from taking him (Jesus) and healed the wound Peter had caused) knowing full well he would be be severely abused and then crucified.

Indeed, he asked God the Father to forgive them that crucified him.

So which of them should be considered the true man of peace? In my opinion this is the best answer:

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." Jesus' words in John 14:17.

As to God having no partners and He alone being worthy of worship consider this:
          Matt. 16:16- "Simon Peter replied "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God....Blessed are you Simon bar-Jonah, for men have not revealed this to you, but My Father Who is in Heaven."
          John 5:18-"This made the Jews more determined than ever to kill Him; because He was not only breaking the Sabbath, but He actually was speaking of God as his own Father, making Himself equal with God."
          John 17:5-"And now, Father, glorify Me along with Yourself and restore Me to such majesty and honor in your presence as I had with you before the world existed."
          If we are to honor the teachings of the Torah, the Bible, and Jesus as Muhammad said, how can we ignore these?

Al
          Antiquer

Comment

hi wpage

Who was Jesus?

By - Yusuf Estes

Who Was Jesus - peace be upon him

called "Essa" in Arabic

Islam honors all the prophets who were sent to mankind. Muslims respect all prophets in general, but Jesus in particular, because he was one of the prophets who foretold the coming of Muhammad. Muslims, too, await the second coming of Jesus. They consider him one of the greatest of Allah's prophets to mankind. A Muslim does not refer to him simply as "Jesus," but normally adds the phrase "peace be upon him" as a sign of respect.

No other religion in the world respects and dignifies Jesus as Islam does. The Quran confirms his virgin birth (a chapter of the Quran is entitled "Mary"), and Mary is considered to have been one of the purest women in all creation. The Quran describes Jesus' birth as follows:

"Behold!' the Angel said, God has chosen you, and purified you, and chosen you above the women of all nations. Mary, God gives you good news of a word from Him, whose name shall be the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, honored in this world and in the Hereafter, and one of those brought near to God. He shall speak to the people from his cradle and in maturity, and he shall be of the righteous. She said: "My Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?' He said: "Even so; God creates what He will. When He decrees a thing, He says to it, 'Be!' and it is." [3:42-47]

Muslims believe that Jesus was born immaculately, and through the same power which had brought Eve to life and Adam into being without a father or a mother.

"Truly, the likeness of Jesus with God is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, and then said to him, 'Be!' and he was." [3:59]

During his prophetic mission, Jesus performed many miracles. The Quran tells us that he said:

"I have come to you with a sign from your Lord: I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it and it becomes a bird by God's leave. And I heal the blind, and the lepers, and I raise the dead by God's leave." [3:49]

Muhammad and Jesus, as well as the other prophets, were sent to confirm the belief in one God. This is referred to in the Quran where Jesus is reported as saying that he came:

"To attest the law which was before me, and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden you; I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear God and obey me." [3:50]

Prophet Muhammad emphasized the importance of Jesus by saying: "Whoever believes there is no god but Allah, alone without partner, that Muhammad is His messenger, that Jesus is a servant and messenger of God, His word breathed into Mary and a spirit emanating from Him, and that Paradise and Hell are true, shall be received by God into Heaven. [Bukhari]

Son of Who?

Bible - A Closer Look

Christianity vs Islam

Audio lectures

Video lectures

Reference :

Islam Cracks The Code - Da Vinci

If you want to look forward to translate the Holy Qur'an

Welcome

Quran Explorer

or

or

or

or

Comment

Thank you elias

Muhammad ...An extraordinary tolerance model

Have you ever been offended?

Have you ever felt persecution or oppression?

Tell me - if you have - how do feel about your oppressor and those who offend you?

Tell me what you are to do, if you have the chance to take revenge?

While you think about the answer, I will tell you a story. 1400 years ago, an Arab man started his call to Allah, the Lord of this universe. He was sent by Allah to lead atheists to monotheism, but really, it was a very hard mission.

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, was faced with all kinds of harm and persecution even from his relatives.

His uncle Abu Lahab and his wife Umm Jameel came on the top of the list. They used to insult him and arouse suspicions about the honesty of his call. Moreover, Umm Jameel used to throw thorns in his way.

The atheists of Quraish used to throw garbage on his body while he was praying. The prophet’s daughter Fatema usually removed this garbage.

They started to torture his weak followers using all possible techniques! They put bani Hashim and bani Abd El- Mottalib under siege and decided to boycott them totally.

The prophet and his followers were about to starve.

The atheists of Quraish also, claimed that he was no more than a mad man, a magician or a poet who had a great influence on those who listened to him.

Regardless of all of this, he used to pray for them and ask Allah to forgive them and lead them to the right path, as they did not know it!

Moreover, when prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, entered Mecca and the atheists surrendered almost without any fight, they were captivated. Imagine what he did…he set them free and did not think of revenge for what they did in the past!

This is the real tolerant face of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.

The Jewish man

Prophet Muhammad had a Jewish neighbour who used to throw garbage and dead animals in his way every day when he came out of his house. This man was absent for a while. Prophet Muhammad decided to pass by his house and ask about him. He found him ill and accordingly paid him a visit!

Face to face with Hend!

After he returned to Mecca victoriously, men and women came to pledge him. Hend the daughter of O’tba was among those women, but she was disguised. She was afraid of the prophet’s revenge for what she did after Ohod. She had taken Hamza’s liver (Hamza is the prophet’s uncle) out of his dead body and chewed it! In addition, she, along with others, cut parts of the Muslim martyrs’ bodies and used them as earrings and accessories!

For all of this and for having a long history of enmity with the prophet and his followers, she expected that if he recognized her, he would kill her. The prophet actually, recognized her from her speech, but he smiled and forgave her instead!

They were afraid of Omar!

A number of women gathered and agreed to meet prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. They talked to him and argued with loud voices, but when Omar ibn Al-Khattab came, they hided from him. The prophet laughed. Omar asked him about the reason why he did, he told him what had been going on before his arrival. Omar got angry with those women and blamed them. They told him that he was much harsher than the prophet was, that was why they were not afraid of the prophet, but were afraid from Omar!

Who protects you from me?

Aouf ibn Al-Hareth fought against Muslims. He surprised everyone when he reached the prophet, peace be upon him, and threatened him with his sword asking him: “who protects you from me?” the prophet answered “Allah.” The sword fell from Aouf’s hand and the prophet took it. It was his turn to ask Aouf: “who protects you from me?” Aouf asked him for forgiveness. The prophet asked if he would embrace Islam, Aouf answered that he would not, but he would not fight Muslims after then. The prophet set him free. When Aouf returned to his people, he told them that he came to them after meeting the best man on earth!

Isn’t he a human being?!

A funeral passed by the prophet and some of his companions. He stood in his place and overawed. His companions got surprised, as it was the funeral of a Jew.

The prophet asked: “isn’t he a human being?!”

These are a few examples of Prophet Muhammad’s tolerance. His life was full of tolerant stands. May Allah send His peace and blessings on him.

By : Amira Sha’rawy.

Muhammad ...An extraordinary tolerance model

or

or

or

or

Comment

HI ANTIQUER

I do not want to mention the Inquisition

The killing of children, women and men
                and

rape children, women and men in Iraq,

and all the ugly things that worked

But listen to this story

Why don't you think

Why do you escape from Allah?

By Tarek Abo AbdAllah

Revised by Magdy Abd Al-shafy

Translated by: Amira Sha’rawy.

(Hatem al-ta’ay), one of the generous Arabs in pre-Islam time , had a Christian son whose name was (Oday). (Oday) .

He had a beautiful story. Let's listen to him tell the story himself .

He said “No Arab hated the prophet, may Allah send His peace and blessings on him, more than I did when I first heard about him. I was an honourable devoted Christian and a leader among my natives. I told a servant of mine who was the shepherd of my camels: “prepare some humbled, fat camels for me, so that ,if Muhammad’s army invades this country, i would take them on escape .” One morning he came to me and said: “what you were to do if Muhammad’s horses came, do itnow as I have seen flags and when I asked about them , I was informed that these are Muhammad’s army.”

I said: “get me my camels.” I took my wife and son on it and intended to join my fellow Christians in Damascus, but I left one of Hatem’s daughters ( his sister ) behind in the city. When I reached Damascus, I stayed there. The horses of the prophet, may Allah send His peace and blessings on him, reached Hatem’s daughter and she was introduced to the prophet, may Allah send His peace and blessings on him, among the captives of (tay’a).

The prophet was informed of my escape to Damascus . when he passed by my sister , she said: “O messenger of Allah, the father is dead and bother is absent and I am an old woman and incapable of any service. Bestow your favor upon me, may Allah bestow His upon you.” He asked: “who is your brother?” she said: “Oday, the son of Hatem.” He said: “this who escaped from Allah and His messenger??” she repeated this petition for three days. She said: he eventually vouchsafed .” She asked to be carried; he ordered that for her and gave her clothing and money.

She came to me and said: “you did something that your father would not do; anyway go to him whether you are desirous or afraid, as “so many people” came to him and took much from him Oday said: “so, I went to him while he was sitting in the mosque.” People said: “this is Oday the son of Hatem.” I went there with his companion helpless without any warrant to help me , the prophet took me by hand , the prophet was quoted saying " I implore God to guide O'day ": “I hope that Allah will put his hand in mine.” He stood and came to me then I met a woman carrying a child . They said to him: we need something from you. He went with them till he fulfilled their need then took me by my hand to his house. There, a pillow was given to him. He sat down on it and I sat in front of him. He thanked Allah and praised Him then said: “what makes you escape? Is it " that there is no god but Allah? Do you know any other god?” I said: No. He talked for a while then said: “is it saying that Allah is the greatest (Allahu Akbar)? Do you know anything greater than Allah?” I said: No" . he said: “then, the Jews have earned anger and the Christians are astray.” I said: “then, I am an orthodox Muslim.” So, I saw a smile of happiness on his face.

And now imagine, man, that you are sitting in Oday’s place in front of the prophet, may Allah send His peace and blessings on him, and he asked you the same question : why do you escape from Allah….what will be your situation? Do you escape saying that there is no god but Allah…..then, do you know another god?

Does saying that Allah is the greatest makes you escape…then, do you know anything that is greater than Allah?

Do you escape from saying that all praise is to Allah, the Lord of all that exists, or saying glorified is my God the most high and glorified is my God the most great….then, do you know anyone who is absolutely praised except Allah and do you know anyone greater or higher?

Does saying that Allah is the one, the self-sufficient whom all creatures need, and that He did not beget nor was He begotten and there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him, make you escape? Do you know a father, a mother, a son or a wife for Allah? And do you know anyone who people may resort to in order to fulfill their needs except Allah? Is it believing that nothing is like Allah, that

He is the Irresistible (Supreme) above His slaves and He is able to do all things that make you escape? Then do you know anyone who is equal or similar to Allah? Do you know anyone whose power exceeds that of Allah? And can human beings hurt Allah the Almighty, while He is encompassing and dominating them?

Does believing that Allah saved the Christ from the Jews’ plot and raised him to heaven, after you used to believe that He let him dieon the cross, humble and insulted, annoy you?

Or, do you escape from believing that the Christ healed the blind and the lepers and brought forth the dead all by Allah’s permission and not his own power….did the Christ have anything to do for himself when he was just an embryo in his mother’s uterus? Do you escape believing that the Christ came with the bible, that Allah revealed to him instead of believing in various bibles written by anonymous people who did not see the Christ, while none of these bibles is attributed to the Christ??

Does believing that the Christ is Allah’s word and a spirit created by Him and that he is one of the messengers of strong will and his mother is a believer in Allah’s words and books that Allah has chosen over all the women of mankind and jinn, make you escape? Then, were the Christ and his mother different from this? Does saying that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah make you escape ?..So, who was Muhammad if he was not the messenger of Allah??

Does knowing that Allah forgave Adam’s sin when he regretted it and turned in repentance and that Allah forgives all sins, make you escape? Then, do you know anyone who forgives sins except Allah? Is it asking Allah for forgiveness after you used to ask the pastor for it on the chair of recognition that make you escape? Does belonging to a religion that makes no mediators between you and Allah and does not allow the dominance of anyone on your spiritual life so that he forgives you if he wants or deprives you from entering Heaven if he wants -as the church does- make you escape? Do you think that Allah created you by Himself to make the determination of your fate and the forgiveness of your sins in the hands of anyone else but Him? Does believing that children are born free (acquitted) from any sin, instead of thinking that they are born disgraced in the sin of their father, Adam (peace be upon him), make you escape? Do you escape from a religion that honored woman and gave her the right to worship, to receive education, to ask questions and use her own money and the right to choose her husband and to decide to get divorced if she did not bear him and became afraid of disobeying Allah’s orders concerning him. A religion that ordered the husband to treat his wife well and considered the best one among people, the best in treating his wife and promised this who have a daughter to enter the Heaven if he honored her and treated her well? Do you escape this religion to another religion that considers woman the source of every sin and asserts that she was created for man’s sake? Do you escape to a religion that deprived her from divorce and from speaking in the church, as Paul stated in his message to Corinthians? A religion that considers everything that she touches during menses impure, as stated in the chapter of Leviticus?

Does following the religion of Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Al-Assbat (the offspring of Jacob’s sons), Moses and Jesus make you escape? Does saying that Noah, David, Lot and Jacob were infallible prophets that Allah chose over all His creatures and that they reached the highest ethical level make you escape? Does saying that they are not as they are said to be in the Old Testament where we read that Noah took off his clothes and drank wine, David had sex with the wife of one of his leaders then he sent this leader to war so that he might die and give him the chance to marry her , Lot had sex with his two daughters and they became pregnant and Jacob fought with God and beat him, make you escape?

Don’t you like to belong to a religion that sanctifies chastity , purity and loyalty and orders its adherents to be honest even with children and to treat everyone well even animals?

Do you hate to espouse a religion that makes shyness one of its virtues and cleanness one of its rituals?

Doesn’t it make you happy that you belong to a religion that meets the needs of the body as well as the needs of the soul?

Don’t you want to belong to a religion that makes every person responsible in front of Allah and makes all human beings equal? To a religion, that gives the prophet and his family more orders than it gives to others?

Doesn’t it make you happy to direct your heart to Heaven in your prayer after you used to look at a picture hanged on the wall of your house?

Don’t you like to make your prayer direction to the Ka’bah (Al-bait Al-haram) in Mecca, which Arabs and westerners agree that Abraham, peace be upon him, built, and to sanctify Jerusalem where the Christ arose and called for Allah?

Don’t you like to say in your prayer (You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help Guide us to the Straight Way* The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger nor of those who went astray ) then read Surat Mariam (the mother of the Christ) or Surat Al’Imran ( the grandfather of the Christ) or Surat Al-Ma’idah which Allah sent down to the Christ?

Don’t you like to kneel and prostrate to Allah who has created you?

Don’t you long to read in a book that deals with all aspects of life and addresses both your heart and mind?

Don’t you long for a book that answers all your questions? Don’t you like to have all your sins forgiven, as Islam erases all the past sins?

Don’t you like to gain Muhammad and the Christ instead of losing them both in addition to yourself?

Complete story

or

or

or

or

Comment

Hi Ahmd.

I have no problem with the Inquisition. It was conducted under the auspices of the Catholic church. I am Baptist; Baptists were never a part of the Catholic church. We were around before the Catholic church was formed. We follow the teachings of Jesus, not any king, pope, or priest. Baptists were the principle target of the Inquisition as they would not follow the false doctrines they taught and were therefore branded as heretics and persecuted, even unto death. They also targeted European Jews, calling them "Christ Killers" and abused them severely. Just another example of powerful men abusing the name "Christian".

As to Iraq your claims are grossly exaggerated. Maybe you have been watching too much Al Jazeera t.v.? Unfortunately there are always civilian casualties in a war. Mistakes happen, including killing your own soldiers and your allies( known as friendly fire)The difference is the Americans try to minimize casualties, while the Muslim terrorists kill indiscriminately, even killing their own Muslim people. Also, consider the fate of the Iraqis under Saddam Hussein, his sons and their henchmen. They were raping, torturing, maiming and killing as estimated 100,000-150,000 of their own countrymen per year, invading Kuwait and warring with Iran for 8 years. Any civilian casualties that the Americans caused during the war pales by comparison.

The Iraqi people on the whole want the U.S. to stay until a stable government and army is in place to keep peace and defend their country.That is what they have told the returning troops I talk to and I hear the same from several Iraqi people I know.If the various factions would lay down their arms, stop killing each other and the Americans, blowing up power plants, water works and oil pipelines as fast as they are repaired, form a government and work out their problems, America would gladly leave. This is not a holy war to us.The Muslim terrorists attacked us, killing many Muslims in the attack, and declared war on us. We are simply trying to stop them, re-build the country of Iraq (which was already in pitiful shape under Saddam) and leave them better off than before.

Having said that I suggest we limit our discussion to the original topic; Muhammad and his teachings (Islam) versus Jesus and his teachings (Christianity). There are far to many incidents in history done by supposed adherents of both religions which we would not agree with, so let's just stick to the doctrines as we see them.

I confess I had trouble following the story of Oday due to the manner in which it was written. The first thing I did notice was he was afraid of Muhammad who came riding in with his army and his captives.Why? As I said before, Jesus was never a general, never had an army, certainly never took captives, and no one was afraid of him.

I guess the point was that Oday abandoned his Christian faith and willingly became a Muslim after talking to Muhammad. This seems highly unlikely to me for Oday, as a Christian, would already know the truth.
                  In the words of Jesus: John 14:1"Let not you heart be troubled, ye believe in God, believe also in me."

John 1:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

John 14:16-18 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; even the spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him; but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."

If I were in Oday's place before Muhammad I would answer thus:
                  I believe there is one all-powerful God who created all things, visible and invisible, and all life, including man. I believe he has revealed himself to be a tri-partite being composed of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. All are part of the one God and all parts are equal and co-existed from all eternity together.
                  Genesis 1:26 "And God said "Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness; and let him have dominion....".
                  Genesis 11:7- "Go to, let US go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech....".
                  John 5:18-"Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he had not only broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father making himself equal with God."
                  John 17:5-"And now, O Father, glorify thou me(Jesus) with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee BEFORE THE WORLD WAS.".

I believe as Christians we are God's children, not his slaves to be dominated.

I believe Jesus died on the cross as was prophesied of old to provide the last, one and only sacrifice for the sins of men. No substitute would do for that mission. Men have only to accept that sacrifice as a free gift to be forgiven by God for the sin nature they inherited from Adam and their own personal sins and be re-united to God and their basic nature changed by him

Romans 3:23-28 " For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God; being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his rightousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; to declare at this time his rightousness; that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Where is boasting then?It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.".

Romans 6:23-"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

II Corinthians 5:17- "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.".

I already have a book that answers all my questions, but I am getting very tired, so I'll answer more of yours tomorrow.

Meanwhile answer one of mine. What do you mean by the words "escaping from Allah" that you used continually?

Al
                  Last edited by ANTIQUER; 11-10-2008, 08:56 AM.
                  Antiquer

Comment

One of my best friends in high school was Muslim. In fact, growing up in a small community in a very rural area, she was the daughter of the only Muslim family for many many miles.

I was raised in an evangelical Christian home which included going to church every Sunday morning and evening and also Youth Group on Wednesday nights. I love Jesus. I Love God.

I was strongly encouraged by my youth group leaders to invite my Muslim friend to church because she was not "saved" and would burn in hell for eternity. I took this very seriously and spoke with my friend about God.

Much to my delight, I found that she had a very close and personal relationship with God just like I did, except that she didn't call him Jesus. But the relationship, the heart, the emotional connection that every Christian strives and becomes born again for was there.

At that moment, I realized that I wouldn't put God or Jesus in the box that Western civilization had taught me. I decided that if God wants to reach someone, He/She will. Names, religion, culture, upbringing has little to nothing to do with it.

God is so much bigger than our understanding. He is absolute Love. Whatever way we come to understand this love - through the Bible, through the Qu'ran or through whatever else is not the point - understanding, accepting, receiving, and reciprocating love is.

Seek love. Seek peace. The rest - all the questions, all the supposed answers - quickly fall by the wayside when we respond from Love and use the Love of God or Allah or the Universe as our source.

Comment

Originally posted by ANTIQUER View Post
                      Hi Ahmd.
                      Meanwhile answer one of mine. What do you mean by the words "escaping from Allah" that you used continually?

Hi ANTIQUER

The word "Allah" is the perfect description of the "One God" of monotheism for Jews, Christians and Muslims!

God Allah - Does It Mean God?

As I told you earlier I do not want to talk about this

But to see these statistical

World War I: Christians against Christians killed (.015.000.000) Five ten million people dead

- Spearhead the Russian civil: Communists against Christians and Jews (10.000.000) Ten million people dead

- The Spanish civil war: Catholics against Catholics (1,200,000) Two hundred million people dead

- The Soviet Union during the Industrial Revolution: Communists against communists, Christians (20,000,000) twenty million people dead

- First India-China war: Christians against Hindus (1,200,000) Two hundred million people dead

- World War II: Christians against Christians and Buddhists (55,000,000) five and fifty million people dead .. And can be divided into the following

- U.S. bombing of Germany (600.000) Six hundred thousand people dead

- U.S. bombing of Romania (50.000) Fifty thousand people

- U.S. bombing of Japan (1,500,000) million five hundred thousand people dead

- Hitler's Germany World War II: Christians against Jews (4,000,000) four million people were killed in death camps and (1,300,000) million three hundred thousand Jews were killed genocide

In view of these figures analytical picture can be obtained that the following general

- That all Muslims killed by Muslims during the last hundred years in any of the 1907 - 2007 m is (1,400,000) million four hundred thousand Muslims

- Non-Muslims killed by Muslims, they (25.500) Twenty-five thousand five hundred people dead

- Muslims who were killed at the hands of non-Muslims (4,500,000) four million five hundred thousand people dead

- Non-Muslims and non-Muslims who were killed during the last hundred years are (250,000,000) quarter of a billion people

See also

American Civil War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm here for one thing only

Search for the truth

Example:

Why this man Convert to Islam???

I was born into a very strong Christian family in the Midwest. Our family and their ancestors not only built the churches and schools across this land, but actually were the same ones who came here in the first place. While I was still in elementary we relocated in Houston, Texas in 1949 (I'm old). We attended church regularly and I was baptized at the age of 12 in Pasadena, Texas. As a teenager, I wanted to visit other churches to learn more of their teachings and beliefs. The Baptists, Methodists, Episcopalians, Charismatic movements, Nazarene, Church of Christ, Church of God, Church of God in Christ, Full Gospel, Agape, Catholic, Presbyterian and many more. I developed quite a thirst for the "Gospel" or as we say; "Good News." My research into religion did not stop with Christianity. Not at all. Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism, Metaphysics, native American beliefs were all a part of my studies. Just about the only one that I did not look into seriously was "Islam". Why? Good question.

Why Do Priests & Preachers Enter ISLAM?

or

or

or

or

Comment

Hi Jamie

I love Jesus peace be upon him

And Every Muslim loves Jesus peace be upon him

And Jesus peace be upon him in the Quran

Interpretation of the Quran

Al-Maeda

In the day when Allah gathereth together the messengers, and saith: What was your response (from mankind)? they say: We have no knowledge. Lo! Thou, only Thou art the Knower of Things Hidden, (109) When Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Remember My favour unto thee and unto thy mother; how I strengthened thee with the holy Spirit, so that thou spakest unto mankind in the cradle as in maturity; and how I taught thee the Scripture and Wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel; and how thou didst shape of clay as it were the likeness of a bird by My permission, and didst blow upon it and it was a bird by My permission, and thou didst heal him who was born blind and the leper by My permission; and how thou didst raise the dead by My permission; and how I restrained the Children of Israel from (harming) thee when thou camest unto them with clear proofs, and those of them who disbelieved exclaimed: This is naught else than evident magic; (110) And when I inspired the disciples, (saying): Believe in Me and in My messenger, they said: We believe. Bear witness that we have surrendered (unto Thee). (111) When the disciples said: O Jesus, son of Mary! Is thy Lord able to send down for us a table spread with food from heaven? He said: Observe your duty to Allah, if ye are true believers. (112) (They said : ) We wish to eat thereof, that we may satisfy our hearts and know that thou hast spoken truth to us, and that thereof we may be witnesses. (113) Jesus, son of Mary, said: O Allah, Lord of us! Send down for us a table spread with food from heaven, that it may be a feast for us, for the first of us and for the last of us, and a sign from Thee. Give us sustenance, for Thou art the Best of Sustainers. (114) Allah said: Lo! I send it down for you. And whoso disbelieveth of you afterward, him surely will I punish with a punishment wherewith I have not punished any of (My) creatures. (115) And when Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Didst thou say unto mankind: Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah? he saith: Be glorified! It was not mine to utter that to which I had no right. If I had ever said it, then Thou wouldst have known it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy Mind. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Knower of Things Hidden? (116) I spake unto them only that which Thou commandedst me, (saying): Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. I was a witness of them while I dwelt among them, and when Thou tookest me Thou wast the Watcher over them. Thou art Witness over all things. (117) If Thou punish them, lo! they are Thy slaves, and if Thou forgive them (lo! they are Thy slaves). Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Mighty, the Wise. (118) Allah saith: This is a day in which their truthfulness profiteth the truthful, for theirs are Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they are secure for ever, Allah taking pleasure in them and they in Him. That is the great triumph. (119) Unto Allah belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth and whatsoever is therein, and He is Able to do all things. (120)

Jesus peace be upon him 25 times in Quran

Quran Explorer

or

or

or

or

Comment

Hi Ahmd.

I understand the word "Allah" meaning "God" in Islam. My question was and still is what is meant by the phrase "escape from Allah" which was used repeatedly?

As to your figures on deaths during wars they are so vague and twisted they are of little value in reaching any conclusion. Also, of the conflicts listed only three are recognizable; WWI, WWII, and the Spanish civil war, which Hitler had a large part in. They also seem to be unaware of the distinction between acts by various governments and acts by individuals or groups of individuals who claim to be adherents of a particular religion. For example you might consider the armed forces in Iraq to be a Christian army using those standards, but it is not. It is an army of coalition troops, mostly Americans, composed of Christians of various denominations from around the globe, atheists, Buddhists, Muslims, Deists, etc. Hardly a "Christian" army.

Another example is World War II. How any one could consider that a war of Christians against Christians and Christians against Jews is mind boggling. That war was started by Hitler(a Nazi) and Japan(primarily Buddhists, although they mainly worshiped their Emperor).Both were dictators in their own way . Hitler attacked all of Europe and Russia while Japan attacked China and the United States. They were linked together by treaties, and were joined by Italy. These three were known as The Axis Powers while the rest of the world who banded together against them were known as The Allies. The Axis Powers were responsible for horrible atrocities and the deaths of approximately 50-55 millions of people. Hitler in particular tried to eliminate Jewry and Christianity.

In the Nazi death camps the Jews comprised the majority of those killed, followed closely by the number of Christians they executed. The remainder were political prisoners, those they considered traitors or spies, etc. There was no "Christian against the Jews" element. Indeed many Christians in various countries protected Jews and hid them from the Nazis at the risk of their own lives. Please remember it was primarily the American's and the British who liberated them from these dictators as they are doing in Iraq and Afghanistan.

As to the bombing figures they have strangely omitted any mention of the hundreds of thousands of people killed by Japanese bombs in Asia and the other areas they attacked and by German bombs in Europe, England, and North Africa.

The allied bombings anywhere were carried out in the manner customary to that time. The enemy and their war machine were embedded in the civilian population. Unfortunately,in order to defeat them, that left no choice but to carpet-bomb large populated areas, especially since aerial bombing then was not very accurate and the enemy was hiding their manufacturing facilities anywhere they could to conceal them. The Germans had assembly lines for jet fighters set up on the forest floor hidden under the tree canopy and camouflage sheets.The Japanese had the same for fighters and one-man kamikaze (suicide) submarines.

I am not trying to condone warfare, only show the necessity for it sometimes.It is a terrible waste of human life and resources, but all people have a right to self defense. If the free world had submitted to Germany and Japan, where would we be today? Under the same type of sadistic regime as Iraq was under when ruled by the dictator Saddam Hussein and his henchmen. Incidentally, Saddam was head of the Bathist party in Iraq, which was started by the Nazis during WWII.

I think the "analytical figure" to be of no value as it is based on spurious and erroneous data also.

If you do not wish to talk about this stuff simply stop mentioning it. As I said I would rather discuss doctrines, not historical events. I'm sure we would disagree on the actions of Saladin and people like the Barbary pirates also due to our different views of their actions, so let's drop that kind of stuff.

You did not mention which Christian denomination you were raised in, but I notice you did not mention being born-again before your baptism. Some do not teach the need for salvation, then baptism, properly. According to Jesus conversion comes first, then baptism.

John 3:3-7 "Jesus answered and said unto him (Nicodemus) "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." Nicodemus said unto him, "How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb and be born?" Jesus answered "Verily, Verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."

Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

Acts !8:8"And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized." (As an interesting side note, I assume as chief of the synagogue Crispus believed in and worshiped God. Then why did he have need to believe in the Lord and be baptized?)

The order is repentance (asking Jesus to forgive your sins and accepting his death on the cross as payment for them), then Baptism as a sign of your obedience to God.(remember, Jesus himself was baptized as a sign of obedience to God the Father.) It is a picture of the death and burial of your old, sinful self, the washing away of your sins by His blood, and the new reborn man (you) being raised in newness of life as Christ was resurrected."

As Paul the Apostle said; "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)

This is why Christians were known as "Ana-baptists" for some 500 years as they required new Christians who joined their church to be baptized again if they had been baptized prior to their proper profession of faith in Christ. The term means "Re-baptizers".

As you were still thirsty for the Gospel I have to assume you were not saved because: "But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him an well of water springing up into everlasting life." (John 4:14)

As to worshiping God alone: "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." (John 3:36) and "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world: but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." (John 3:17-18)

So if you and Islam honor and respect Jesus so much, how is it so much of his teaching is disregarded? Seems like a contradiction to me. After all, his life and teachings were well known in the area and He had been worshiped by Christians for 600 years prior to Muhammad being born. Also, the Jewish Torah, which Muhammad said to respect, prophesied of his coming as savior and "God with us" for thousands of years before his birth and He fulfilled over 350 specific prophecies pertaining to his birth, life, suffering, death on the cross, and resurrection. So what's not to believe about Him?

Well, it's been another long day, so goodbye for now. I'll try to get back to you and finish my answers from your previous post shortly.

With respect and in Christian love, Al
                          Antiquer

Comment

Jamie, I think so many people would be so much happier in life and this world would be a much better place if they had come to the realization that you had.

It seems to often that religion in the hands of humans becomes attached to "causes". It is not always about a relationship with God, but more about you becoming a cog in their religious machine.

If God is all knowing and all seeing than you should be able to worship him from anywhere, under any circumstances. You shouldn't have to pay money when you visit places of worship or send in monthly donations. You shouldn't have to join forces and participate in "wars" that are supposedly endorsed by God.

And what kind of God would you be worshiping if he was willing to cast the souls of people into eternal damnation who didn't happen to be praying in the right church, under the right religion?

What is the right religion?

Is it Catholic, Protestant, Judaism or Muslim? Scientology? Taoism? Christianity or Mormon? Seventh day Adventist or Buddhist?

Who has the right scriptures? The right ideology? Who will walk into the kingdom if heaven unabated as they have followed all the passages in the perfect book?

When you think of it in the scope of all the different Religions, can you really fault people for following the wrong one or reward them for following the right one?

I am in agreement with you on if you can find God, the religion you found him under probably doesn't matter as long as it is not teaching you to harm others.

Maybe the best religion is the one that asks nothing more from you then to believe in, cherish and love God, live as righteous as possible, and help others when you can.

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                            One of my best friends in high school was Muslim. In fact, growing up in a small community in a very rural area, she was the daughter of the only Muslim family for many many miles.

I was raised in an evangelical Christian home which included going to church every Sunday morning and evening and also Youth Group on Wednesday nights. I love Jesus. I Love God.

I was strongly encouraged by my youth group leaders to invite my Muslim friend to church because she was not "saved" and would burn in hell for eternity. I took this very seriously and spoke with my friend about God.

Much to my delight, I found that she had a very close and personal relationship with God just like I did, except that she didn't call him Jesus. But the relationship, the heart, the emotional connection that every Christian strives and becomes born again for was there.

At that moment, I realized that I wouldn't put God or Jesus in the box that Western civilization had taught me. I decided that if God wants to reach someone, He/She will. Names, religion, culture, upbringing has little to nothing to do with it.

God is so much bigger than our understanding. He is absolute Love. Whatever way we come to understand this love - through the Bible, through the Qu'ran or through whatever else is not the point - understanding, accepting, receiving, and reciprocating love is.

Seek love. Seek peace. The rest - all the questions, all the supposed answers - quickly fall by the wayside when we respond from Love and use the Love of God or Allah or the Universe as our source.

Comment

Originally posted by ANTIQUER View Post
                              Hi Ahmd.

Hi ANTIQUER

any Why do not want to go back to God

By - Yusuf Estes

"Does Bible Say 'Jesus is God'?

JESUS DENIED DIVINITY

[Mark 10:17-18 and Luke 18:18-19]

These verses are most indicative of Jesus' position and real nature. The verse in Mark reads:

"As he [Jesus] was setting out on a journey, a man ran up and knelt before him, and asked him, 'Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?' Jesus said to him, 'Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone."

If you analyze this verse in truth you will see that Jesus, quite simply, is not God. If he was, why then would he say "No one is good but God alone"? Jesus did not want to be called "good" because he was not God. That title, as Jesus admits, belongs to none but God.

This subject was actually a part of another book that I have been in the process of writing for a number of years. Considering the fact that I may never finish it, I have taken the liberty to put some of it down on paper and then compared it to findings of other Christian preachers who have come to Islam

Does the belief in Jesus, peace be upon him, as a "son of God" really make sense?

What exactly does 'son of God' mean?

Can true salvation from God, be the punishment of someone else who is innocent from any of these crimes, to be punished as though he were guilty?

Does God need someone to suffer severe punishment, even though they are trying, day after day.

Did Jesus, peace be upon him, tell the people to take him as a god, or to worship him?

Let us find the answer to these and other important questions about the nature of Jesus of Christianity and Islam.

"Look to the Books"

To begin, let us do a sample comparison of the teachings of the Holy Books of Almighty God.

QURAN OF ISLAM

"Say: Oh my servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins, for he is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."
                              [Noble Quran 39:53]

"If anyone does evil or wrongs his own soul but afterwards seeks Allah�s forgiveness, he will find Allah Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."
                              [Noble Quran 4:110]

"O you people! Adore your Guardian lord, who created you and those who came before you that you may become righteous."
                              [Noble Quran 2:21]

"You will not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, loving those who resist Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred. For such He has written faith in their hearts and strengthened them with a spirit from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens beneath which rivers flow, to well therein (forever). Allah will be well pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of Allah. Truly it is the Party of Allah that will achieve Felicity."
                              [Noble Quran 58:22]

New Testament of BIBLE

"Why do you call me good? answered Jesus, No-one is good but God alone!"
                              [Mark 6:10]

"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but rather to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until Heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of the pen; will by any means disappear from the Law until all things are accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But whoever keeps the commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven."
                              [Matthew 5:17]

"Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the Will of the Father who is in Heaven. Many will say to me on the day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles? Then I will tell them plainly, I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!"
                              [Matthew 7:21]

Some leaders claimed, This probably refers to the Mormons or somebody else. Don t worry about it.

"Gabriel says Jesus will be �called the son of God� and he would be �given the Throne of David� to �rule the House of Jacob forever.�"
                              [Mark 1:35]

"Enos was the son of Seth, and Seth was the son of Adam, and Adam was the son of God."
                              [Luke 3:36]

Note: Adam, not Jesus, is listed in this genealogy of Jesus as the son of God, not Jesus.

Later on, the priests are asking Jesus, peace be upon him, if he claims to be the son of God. He tells them in fact, it is they who are making this claim.

"You say that I am."

Gospel of John contains the greatest number of references to "son of God"

Jesus, speaking in the third person talked about the "Son of God" in [John 3:17 - John 5:24 - John 11:4 - John 11:27]

Martha, one of the followers, calls Jesus, peace be upon him, �The Messiah, the Son of God�

"The Messiah, the Son of God."
                              [John 20:31]

But no verse makes the exact statement "Jesus is the Son of God and as such he is divine or God."

QURAN

"O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah anything but the truth. Christ Jesus, the son of Mary was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: It will be better for you: For Allah is One God: Glory be to Him: (Far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs."
                              [Noble Quran 4:171]

Notice in the Bible, the frequent link between the position of Jesus, peace be upon him, as the Messiah and the �son-ship.�

The term �son of god� can not, in itself, be considered enough to declare anything unique about Jesus, peace be upon him, as this term is used for many people throughout the Old and the New Testament.
                              See above:
                              [Luke 3:38]

Also, in
                              [Isaiah 62:8]
                              refers to the entire house of Israel as being, �Sons of God�.

Paul tells us about those who are led by the spirit:

"because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God."
                              [Romans 8:14]

The word "Messiah" is one that more particularly seems to represent the station of the person predicted to appear and lead the people to the victory over this world.

Oxford Companion of the Bible states Jews prior to Jesus, peace be upon him, hoped for a prophesied ruler, reigning with everlasting justice, peace and security for the "Sons of Israel."
                              BIBLE

"A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. The spirit of the Lord will be on him - the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of Knowledge and of the fear of the Lord - and he will delight in the fear of the Lord."
                              [Isaiah 11:1-5]

"The days are coming, declares the Lord, When I will fulfill the gracious promise I made to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah. In those days and at that time I will make a righteous Branch sprout from David�s line; he will do what is just and right in the land. In those days Judah will be saved and Jerusalem will live in safety. This is the name by which it will be called: The Lord Our Righteousness. For this is what the Lord says: David will never fail to have a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel, nor will the priests, who are Levites, ever fail to have a man to stand before me continually to offer burnt offerings, to burn grain offering and to present sacrifices."
                              [Jeremiah 33:14-20]

"My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd. They will follow my laws and be careful to keep my decrees. The will live in the land I gave to my servant Jacob, the land where your fathers lived. They and their children and their children�s children will live there forever, and David my servant will be their prince forever. I will make a covenant of peace with them, it will be an everlasting covenant. I will establish them and increase their numbers and I will put my sanctuary among them forever. My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people. Then the nations will know that I the Lord make Israel holy, when my sanctuary is among them forever."
                              [Ezekiel 37:24-28]

"The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the rules staff from between his feet, until he comes to whom it belongs and the obedience of the nations is his."
                              [Genesis 49:10]

"I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near. A star will come out of Jacob; a scepter will rise out of Israel. He will crush the foreheads of Moab, the skulls of all the sons of Sheth. Edom will be conquered; Seir, his enemy, will conquered, but Israel will grow strong. A ruler will come out of Jacob and destroy the survivors of the city."
                              [Numbers 24:17]

God Incarnate? NOT HERE

BIBLE

Nathan the prophet (son of Solomon) said:

"The Lord declares to you that the Lord Himself will establish a house for you: When your days are over and you rest with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, who will come from your own body, and I will establish his kingdom. He is the one who will build a house for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be his father and he will be my son."

(New Testament book of Hebrews stops here)

Samuel continues:

"When he does wrong, I will punish him with the rod of men, with floggings inflicted by men. But my love will never be taken away from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you."
                              [2 Samuel 7:12-15]

"You are my Son; today I have begotten you."
                              [Hebrews 1:5]

Does this support the case the doctrine that Jesus, peace be upon him, is the "begotten Son of God?"

Old Testament BIBLE

David is stating what God has proclaimed regarding David�s relationship to God

"I will proclaim the decree of the Lord: he said to me, you are my Son; this day have I begotten you."
                              [Psalms 2:7]

Note: The New International Version says the verse could be translated either as "become your Father" or as "begotten you" into English or Greek.

New Testament BIBLE

"He will be called the Son of God."
                              [Mark 1:35]

Note: This does not state he "is" the son, but rather, he will be "called" the son of God.

Or was he the "one anointed to preach Good News to the poor." prophesied by Isaiah, and the Messiah proclaimed by Gabriel, the followers of Jesus, peace be upon him, Jesus, himself and the remained of the New Testament, he evidently would not be God.

New Testament BIBLE

read more

Does the belief in Jesus, peace be upon him, as a "son of God" really make sense?

or

or

or

or

Comment

Working...