Twin Rotor Bedini DC Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Rotor Bedini DC Motor

Hi,Ive been working on Twin rotor Bedini motors for a while and i thought i would try this new DC Bedini motor in that config with some good results.
    1 rotor spinning drawing 18mA
    2 rotors spinning drawing 18mA
    I am getting 100% more mechanical output with the 2 rotors.I don't have a tacho but the wind down time is the same for two rotors as it is for 1.
    Here is a video

YouTube - Twin Rotor Bedini DC Motor

ps Aaron if you want to move this back to my original thread,thats ok.
    Regards jonnydavro
    Attached Files

will you generate

Hi,

Would you answer:

when you try to slow down one or both rotors on the motors with your fingers gently, will the 18mA current draw increase? and if yes, to what extent?

Probably you have thought of generating electricity by induction with the rotary magnets, this is why I ask the finger load.

Thanks, Gyula

Comment

HI gyula,Ive just done the test you wanted.With only 1 rotor spinning I used my finger to slow it down and the current draw goes down.
      Regards jonnydavro

Comment

this is good news!

Hi Jonny,

What you wrote is very good piece of news!
        Hopefully you will find current decrease also in case of both rotors loading at the same time.
        Now you can attach pick up coils around both rotating disks to induce useful power in them for a possible looping back to make a self-running setup!

Hopefully, the normal Lenz drag by the pick up coils will not cause a significant change in the current consumption either.

rgds, Gyula
        Last edited by gyula; 09-13-2008, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Cool video jonnydavro, well done

It's interesting how the 2 rotors it synch up once you place them on either side of the coil And how the circuit still maintained the same amperage.

How is the voltage holding up in the battery if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for the answer about the circuit and ne2 in the Bedini DC Motor Hybrid thread http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ead.php?t=2679 is the temperature of the circuit still holding near at or below ambient?

Please excuse all the questions again

Thanks for sharing,
          Paul

Comment

Excellent work jonnydavro,

I have also wondered for a while why we are not using both sides of coils. I also did some tests on using both sides of a coil back in May. Not Bedini energizer though but by using a shaded pole motor and cutting the coils laminate core to create a 2 pole motor but using a single coil. I also cut the rotor in a z shape. Here is a video of which I was also collecting the collapsing field of the coil and filling a 400v 3900uf cap at a good rate without loosing any mechanical work from the motor. In fact it turned a little faster when collecting the BEMF

Video: YouTube - Single Coil Dual Pole Motor test 2

Just though I would share and say you are doing some great work.

Keep it up!... we need this.

Luc
            Last edited by gotoluc; 09-14-2008, 02:48 AM.

Comment

@guyla. Good news.I have done a load test with both rotors spinning and the current draw goes down.The important thing though is to place the same loading on both rotors or they will go out of sync.
              Regarding induction,i have thought about it but do you think my magnets are big/strong enough?

@Burned NE2. The battery i am using is one i found, it reads 11.11v so could be considered dead.That said when i start the motor it drops 0.02v and sits at 11.09v but i think i need to get a new battery to do any subjective tests regarding charging as this battery won't charge via a normal charger,the voltage in it has come from a Bedini motor.

@gotoluc. Thats a sweet little motor.You've put some thought into that,whats become off it?
              It seems daft to me not to use both poles as we are trying to build highly efficient motors and we normally use only 50% of the magnetic field
              Anyway Thanks for your kind comments.
              Regards jonnydavro

Comment

Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
                @guyla. Good news.I have done a load test with both rotors spinning and the current draw goes down.The important thing though is to place the same loading on both rotors or they will go out of sync.
                Regarding induction,i have thought about it but do you think my magnets are big/strong enough?
                Hi Jonnydavro,

Many thanks for the good news again.

Yes, your magnets now maybe too small hence not strong enough for inducing. I assume they are Neo grade 35? A bigger and hence stronger magnet set glued to the discs certainly would be better if you could furnish them.
                I would suggest three-three pick-up coils for inducing, two-two of them at the 12 and 6 o'clock positions and one coil at the 9 (at the left side disc) and one coil at the 3 o'clock position (at the right side disc).
                If you happen to have some multiturn coils at hand in your junkbox with ferrit cores that would be nice to hold near to one of the rotating disks and after full wave rectification see the DC output across a puffer capacitor how big it is (unloaded first). This is to get some insight now how strong or weak your present magnets are (with that particular coil from your junkbox).
                Coils with maximum 2-3 Ohm DC resistance each may be already fine, and you can think of connecting them in series and also you may use full wave voltage doubler rectifier to increase further the output voltage. If you need some schematics on this please tell.

rgds, Gyula

Comment

Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
                  @gotoluc. Thats a sweet little motor.You've put some thought into that,whats become off it?
                  It seems daft to me not to use both poles as we are trying to build highly efficient motors and we normally use only 50% of the magnetic field
                  Anyway Thanks for your kind comments.
                  Regards jonnydavro
                  I did the test to confirm if using both poles of a coil would work well, which it did!... I also wanted to find out how much energy there is when we collect the collapsing field and also see if it affects performance. My test confirm that absolutely no motor efficiency is lost by collecting the collapsing field of the coil to a capacitor but I found that the usable energy would be no more then about 20 to 30 percent of what went in.

I like to work on may projects at the time and at this time the water spark is keeping me really busy.

I'll come back to the motor development when the water park topic slows down and that is if ever it does.

Just thought you would like to see it.

Luc

Comment

Working...
                  X