Mandalas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandalas

I heard Abraham-Hicks mentioning using Mandalas as a way of bringing someone closer to Source. I found it interesting - I haven't had experience using Mandalas. At wiki I found this quote:

In various spiritual traditions, mandalas may be employed for focusing attention of aspirants and adepts; as a spiritual teaching tool; for establishing a sacred space; and as an aid to meditation and trance induction. According to David Fontana, its symbolic nature can help one "to access progressively deeper levels of the unconscious, ultimately assisting the meditator to experience a mystical sense of oneness with the ultimate unity from which the cosmos in all its manifold forms arises." [1] The psychoanalyst Carl Jung saw the mandala as "a representation of the unconscious self,"[2] and believed his paintings of mandalas enabled him to identify emotional disorders and work towards wholeness in personality.[3]
    Does anyone else use Mandelas? There seem so many variants. Are each devised for certain issues for example?

I must admit I am drawn to the images. I would just like to learn a little more about them

I have a mandala tapestry on one of my walls, and the design creates a bit of an optical illusion. I don't doubt that it brings one closer to Source--it is very relaxing to stare at it.

Comment

Here's a great mandala website:

The Mandala Project: Home Page

At this website you can submit your own mandalas and they have some real beauties on there. I was inspired to paint mandalas as therapy during my divorce. It's a very tranquil and introspective therapy, that I recommend highly!

Comment

Thank you, both

Comment

Personal Mandalas

A friend of mine does beautiful mandalas. You can find her work at Mandala Joy Rising, Artist Carol Denego .

Comment

Thank you!!!

As just another weird synchronicity... This thread has perfect timing for me! My latest painting has a circle in it, but I had not the faintest idea of what that circle was or how to paint it... So today I come and start reading about mandalas and look at the two websites, and now I better understand what the circle is in my painting... I had just seen the ball, but not what the ball looked like....

Thank you all for the clarity that has now begun to come from this thread! Now I can finish my latest painting today!!! Blessings Sallyjane

Comment

Working...
            X