Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stan Meyer Design - Varnishing Tubes

Hi all

Just reading through John Kent's summary of his experiments with the Stan Meyer Design. His conclusions are largely the same as mine; that the resonant frequency does not seem to exist, and no special effects can be observed with the fuel cell.Just a trickle of gas at best, and the frequency has little or no effect.

John Kent does mention however that varnishing the electrodes (stainless steel tubes) to create an insulation layer ('idealised capacitor' in Meyer language) may well be the answer.

Anyone tried this yet?

Here is John Kent's summary:

Water as Fuel

im looking at teflon coating one of my tubes but im not sure what to do with the outer one coat it to? or just leave it bare. hmmm.. im also chasing that resonant frequency where all the good stuff happens.

Comment

Teflon Coating

No idea how you do this? Is it painted on or is it a more exotic process?

I am surprised that I did not think of this issue before - the more I think it through the more it seems totally obvious and logical - capacitors do not act as a conductor to dc - rather they are insulators.

Hence Meyer's phrase 'idealised capacitor'.

Comment

Hmmm...

Originally posted by gazzzwp View Post
        ... - capacitors do not act as a conductor to dc - rather they are insulators.

Hence Meyer's phrase 'idealised capacitor'.
        Sort of... There's more to it than that. Kirchhoff's Laws and the diff eq explain it.

Meyer wasn't the first nor the last person to use the phrase "idealised capacitor". In the Real World (tm), caps have series resistance & inductance, internal charge leakage and other "non-ideal" properties. When doing the calculations and discussing "theory" those things are left out and the "theoretical" capacitor is referred to as an "idealised" capacitor. You almost never hear anyone refer to it that way when running calculations and discussing the theory, because it's understood... a "given". But I've gotten used to folks like Meyer (and others) talking/writing that way. I don't know if it's because they are trying to be more precise, have been told or heard that they should use the term to be specific for other's understanding of what they are talking about, or if they just want to sound more knowledgeable (joking, no flames! )...

Even though everyone discusses VDC for the Meyer (and other) circuits, funamentally, the "pulsing" that is done with the diode setups do not create a situation where the capacitor (WFC in this case) act like they would in a standard DC circuit. Take away the pulsing, apply DC across the capacitor (in this case the WFC) and all you have is basically brute force or some minor (and generally unimportant) variation thereof.

There are way too many experiments, demos and videos that show that frequency does have an effect. My experiments are indicating that as well. I don't really like the "resonant frequency" term that is used. From what I can tell, it doesn't have anything to do with the resonance of H2O and it doesn't seem to be directly proportional to the size/setup of the WFC either. It's more of a "sweet spot" where gas is maximized vs. input. I've been trying to get a better understanding of why/how this "sweet spot" happens... and why it varies over time. (tho that seems to occur with the "conditioning" of the WFC. and appears to be due in part to the impurities in the water along with the changes of the SS during operation.) I've been working on a circuit that will automatically maintain the "sweet spot" as it varies over time. No success so far and the chips I'm designing and using aren't cheap.

The experiments with coating the tubes will be interesting with important results. Thanks for taking on the task. The proper coating could release us all from the need for the entire "conditioning" process that seems to take so long.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Some good stuff there - many thanks.

Stripped down my WFC and now decided to apply 'sticky back plastic film' to my inner tubes (negative). varnish did not seem to stick to the s/s.

I posted the same info on various other sites, and the concensus seems to be that you need to coat/varnish/paint the negative tube.

Should have it complete tonight ready to test tomorrow.

Be in touch then

Gazza

Comment

Hi Gaz;
            You should be able to coat the ss tubes with clear auto. lacquer. Be sure your tube is clean (wipe with alcohol or lacquer thinner and don't touch with bare hands after wiping) and warm. I usually warm it up with a heat gun, but a hair dryer will do. Good luck.

Al.
            Antiquer

Comment

Insulating Inner Tube

Well I know have a fully modified WFC. The inner (negative) tubes have been coated with adhesive backed plastic film (inside and outside), and the associated negative connections have been insulalted using instant gasket (silicon rubber).

The result is dissapointing so far. With or without the step up transformer using PWM switched DC and varying the frequency, the gas output is a sad trickle a best.

I have included the diode and tried various combinations of inductance. Yes it produces gas, but minimally so. My sytem is now an 'idealised capacitor'.

I really have no idea where to go from here so any suggestions welcome. I intend to borrow my neighours scope again soon to see if resonance is occuring. Even if it is though, without a good gas output it counts for very little.

So until then.........

Comment

coating

Originally posted by gazzzwp View Post
                Well I know have a fully modified WFC. The inner (negative) tubes have been coated with adhesive backed plastic film (inside and outside), and the associated negative connections have been insulalted using instant gasket (silicon rubber).

The result is dissapointing so far. With or without the step up transformer using PWM switched DC and varying the frequency, the gas output is a sad trickle a best.

I have included the diode and tried various combinations of inductance. Yes it produces gas, but minimally so. My sytem is now an 'idealised capacitor'.

I really have no idea where to go from here so any suggestions welcome. I intend to borrow my neighours scope again soon to see if resonance is occuring. Even if it is though, without a good gas output it counts for very little.

So until then.........
                Well its a good sign that it actually still puts gas out. I think using the plastic may make it too thick. to make a capacitor more effiecien the distance btween the water and the metal needs to be a small as posible.

Years ago I made jewelary and they had this special stuff that was used to coat silver so it did not tarnish and stones so they stayed shiny like they were wet. it was a super thin very durable laquer type of substance and you had to thourougly clean the stoen first and then dip it in some sort of soultion and then dip it in the coating. made some sort of super thin coating that mas real durable to withstand wear. It was much thinner than if you painted it as it did not have enough thickness to where you could notice it as it did not alter the metal shine or shape any.

Comment

Powder coating is super cheap and it can be done it in your oven. Make sure your material get out gassed before you coat, bet you your project will have better result. NOW here is something that is in development that has many uses. Ceramic paint and powder-coating the moment I lay my hands on this product I will let you know. Do not confuse with other applications this product is so thin the valleys do not become rivers but still get coated. The finished product has a face so smooth you can pull a plate of ss 316 or flat fiber glass treated by this product out of the water with barnacles stuck to it and just hit the plate on the ground and all that is on the plate will just slide off
                  Shell

Comment

Working...
                  X