Cosmetic Safety Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmetic Safety Database

This is an amazing website where you can get in depth product reports covering make up, skin care, hair care, eye care, nail care baby care,oral care & fragrances. Find out what you are putting on your skin which is then absorbed into your body. I certainly found it a bit of an eye opener.

All products are rated from 0-10.

0-2 are classified as low hazard, 3-6 moderate hazard, 7-10 high hazard.

They have a very easy search facility - just type in your brand / range eg Revlon superlustre lipstick. The item will come up with a hazard rating displayed 0-10. Click on that item & you will be given the full list of every ingredient contained in it . Each ingredient is individually rated 0-10 with the link to potential health hazards for each ingredient eg cancer etc. You end up with a full toxicolgy report.

Major gaps in public health laws allow cosmetics companies to use almost any ingredient they choose — even lead, mercury, and placenta.
    Ingredients in any kind of product — from sunscreen and mascara to deodorant and baby shampoo — are sold to consumers with no restrictions and no requirement for safety testing.

Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Database

Love, Light & Blessings
    Sharyn
    Theta Healing
    Paths 2 Potential

"We are the one's we've been waiting for"

hmmmm

Originally posted by Sharyn View Post
    This is an amazing website where you can get in depth product reports covering make up, skin care, hair care, eye care, nail care baby care,oral care & fragrances. Find out what you are putting on your skin which is then absorbed into your body. I certainly found it a bit of an eye opener.

All products are rated from 0-10.

0-2 are classified as low hazard, 3-6 moderate hazard, 7-10 high hazard.

They have a very easy search facility - just type in your brand / range eg Revlon superlustre lipstick. The item will come up with a hazard rating displayed 0-10. Click on that item & you will be given the full list of every ingredient contained in it . Each ingredient is individually rated 0-10 with the link to potential health hazards for each ingredient eg cancer etc. You end up with a full toxicolgy report.

Major gaps in public health laws allow cosmetics companies to use almost any ingredient they choose — even lead, mercury, and placenta.
    Ingredients in any kind of product — from sunscreen and mascara to deodorant and baby shampoo — are sold to consumers with no restrictions and no requirement for safety testing.

Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Database

Love, Light & Blessings
    Sharyn
    wow, interesting...
    thanks
    Adrienne
    Matrix Energetics Sessions-Private message me

www.paths-makeithappen.com

http://www.divineopenings.com/cmd.php?af=1060186

Comment

Thanks for posting this Sharyn!

Another good resource is the book The Truth About Beauty by Kat James!

Comment

how to buy best cosmetics....

Choosing right kind of cosmetic could be a complex process because generally people are not aware about their skin problems. Therefore, you need to give proper attention while purchasing your cosmetics. You need to choose that kind of cosmetics that suits to your skin tone and make you more beautiful. Market is flooded with different varieties of cosmetics, however you need to choose the right cosmetic for your skin. You need to keep yourself away from those cosmetics that harm your skin. People who purchased wrong product from the market and harmed their skins stand testimony to the fact that how important it is to find safe cosmetic products. Generally, cosmetics are supposed to enhance the beauty and remove blemishes from your skin. Cosmetics also help people to get rid of aging problem. You can make your skin more clear and shiny with these cosmetics products. Therefore, choosing right cosmetic is very important.
        There are some specific tips that help you to choose best cosmetic: Proper Lighting, Foundation Types, Bring Friend etc.
        There are many cosmetic stores available in the market. All you have to do is search out the best cosmetic for your skin. In simple language, first of all you have to understand your skin type then go for the cosmetics for your skin. Once you are acquainted with your skin type, you could easily choose the best cosmetics that will not harm or give side effects to your face.
        Last edited by Jayveeglover; 09-10-2011, 06:20 AM. Reason: to add some more details...

Comment

So I was looking over different hair dye reviews yesterday and came across one that mentioned the extreme toxicity of a certain brand, citing the Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Database. I followed the link and was horrified to find that the one I had been considering got a rating of 10 toxicity (10 being the highest). They go deep into the details, describing the research findings for each ingredient and if it is linked to cancer, reproductive problems, etc. It was very scary.

... Then I decided to look up products that I had that I thought would have a good score because they're all natural. I looked up my CV Chamomile and Citrus shampoo bar. It has an overall rating of 2, which suprised me because I thought it should be 0. Looking at the ingredient descriptions, they list chamomile tea's concerns as "multiple, additive exposure sources, enhanced skin absorption" and sweet orange oil appears to have possibilities for "organ system toxicity".
          Last edited by Laurian44; 12-24-2011, 12:01 PM.
          Ruby Necklace
          Freshwater Pearl Necklaces

Comment

Working...
          X