Check Out My HHO Cell Design......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Out My HHO Cell Design......

So this is it ........now let me explain.

The entire tank is made from Lexan. It’s in this odd shape to accommodate my working space in my truck. In the picture the plates are way over exaggerated and there will be more groupings but the general configuration will go -NNNNN+NNnn....and so on. The cell is just like ZeroFossilFuel’s VSPB except sideways and different baffling. Check it out on YouTube, it’s his #94 video. All the plates except for the Neutral ones will have a tab that extends outside the tank for a SS rod to thread through and hook up the positive and negative leads. (Indicated in red) The plates themselves are SS 316L where the top edge rises at a slight pitch. The pitch is so rising bubble that want to flow up will be directed to where they can escape. Baffle plates enclose all the plates except for the bottom right and top left that are left open. (Indicated with yellow arrows) These areas are not covered with Lexan and allow for inflow of solution and outflow. The small chamber that connects to the inflow of the plates is flooded with water from a pump. The input of the pump comes from the rest of the Lexan tanks outflow nozzle. (Indicated with green) So the water in the Lexan tank outflows into the pump, then into the small chamber, fills the cell holding all the plates, out the top on the left, then all over again. This is for three purposes, 1, If I wanted I could hook a water cooler inline to the cell to keep the water at a constant temp. and keep Amps down, regulated. 2, The water is washing through carrying HHO bubbles that like to stick to the plates. 3, Opens the cell to new water and electrolyte allowing better production. Because the water level is higher in the Lexan tank (indicated with blue) you never get a waterfall effect but the water flow is always moving.

That’s Vulcan’s cell, comments, concerns, questions? Tell me what you think. Later.

What kind of pump are you going to use that will not be affected be the KOH or the current that is going through the cell?

Comment

If its true that the KOH does not drop in saturation as the water is seperated, he just needs a small pump, similiar to a windshield washer resevoir, to pump the distilled water into the cell. Current and KOH would then be a moot point, especially if hooked to a float, the proper check valve, and it entering from above the water level.

Garrett

Comment

It's a DC 12v 1.5 Amp probably 25 gallons per hour I think. I’m thinking a PWM to control the flow, but besides the pump statistically, what you think about the concept of the cell design.

Comment

Its hard to tell by the pic, but dos the flow from the pump push solution in at the bottom right though the plates to top left then it flows back behind the plates and under them back to the pump?

Other then that your pic is clear as a bell and looks like you put alot of thought into making it fit right where you have room.

Make sure to add a bubbler and a blow out cap of 1 sort or another to both the bubbler and the booster, cheap and effective insurance.

cant wait to see a actual pic of it fully built and assembled
          Last edited by TheLoiteringKid; 07-11-2008, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Thats exactly how it flows.

Comment

Lexan (=polycarbonate) does not like KOH
              Materials compatibility
              Last edited by TuxAir; 07-11-2008, 02:20 PM.

Comment

What would you suggest?

Comment

Some folks are using and having great results with Acrylic Panels or Acrylic Castings (rated @ ~180*F) using interlocking panels with Capillary Bonding Glue such as Tenax R7 glue.

Comment

Pumps and things

Your on to a good line of thinking, I've been using pumps circulating the electrolyte in my 3rd and 4th generation designs and it doe's increase gas production significantly. attached pics of 3rd Gen on Ford 3/4 ton.

Pump feeds header tank, header tank feeds reaction chambers, Gas and electrolyte feed back to a separation chamber, gas goes to bubbler and engine, electrolyte goes back to header tank.

The pump pictured is a little over kill at 2.5 Gal a min. and 7amps
                    Attached Files

Comment

Tarkus quest

Originally posted by Tarkus View Post
                      Your on to a good line of thinking, I've been using pumps circulating the electrolyte in my 3rd and 4th generation designs and it doe's increase gas production significantly. attached pics of 3rd Gen on Ford 3/4 ton.

Pump feeds header tank, header tank feeds reaction chambers, Gas and electrolyte feed back to a separation chamber, gas goes to bubbler and engine, electrolyte goes back to header tank.

The pump pictured is a little over kill at 2.5 Gal a min. and 7amps
                      Tarkus,
                      Not intending to deviate from this post but your pic posted is fascinating.

Questions
                      -Is that a dual booster with a combined circulating electrolyte system?

-Did you mount them out board due to space constraints.

-Does the bumper go back on in front of your set up or do you leave it open?

Thanks for sharing

W
                      "But ye shall receive power..."
                      Acts 1:8

Comment

hey guys i've been in the plastics industry for 9 years for a case that can handle some abuse and nasty chemicals use polyehtylene. its what i use in all my cells it can be bought in tubes and sheets much like pvc but doesn't react with anything really. its what they contain acids in usually so its ideal for this application it also won't fracture and fragment like pvc or lexan meaning no shards of plastic flying round at the speed of sound should your cell backflash and **** itself at worst it will split which can then be welded up.

Comment

Stealth HHO

Wpage: Yes, Yes and Yes.
                          The space in the engine compartment is tight, room on ether side of the radiator for separation chamber and header tank, duel reaction chambers and pump sit behind bumper, electrolyte circulates through tubing in air stream to assist in cooling.

Gen 4 system: has 4 individual reaction chambers, integrated pump, Hydrogen/Oxygen separation cells, electrolyte cooling radiator. Reaction chambers are smaller with higher gas generation. Will share design as soon as testing is done.

Yes going in to commercial production is a possibility.

Comment

Gen 4 Tarkus

Tarkus,

Thanks for that. Any issues with pump seal breakdowns with the caustic nature of the catalyst?

Could you post another angle of the set up I only saw two boosters. Think you mentioned 4?

Very Nice by the way. You should consider going commercial!

W
                            "But ye shall receive power..."
                            Acts 1:8

Comment

Originally posted by Tarkus View Post
                              Wpage: Yes, Yes and Yes.
                              The space in the engine compartment is tight, room on ether side of the radiator for separation chamber and header tank, duel reaction chambers and pump sit behind bumper, electrolyte circulates through tubing in air stream to assist in cooling.

Gen 4 system: has 4 individual reaction chambers, integrated pump, Hydrogen/Oxygen separation cells, electrolyte cooling radiator. Reaction chambers are smaller with higher gas generation. Will share design as soon as testing is done.

Yes going in to commercial production is a possibility.
                              Tarkus,
                              What size are your canisters (L and Dia.)? and what do you mean individual reaction chambers? Is it bsaically 2 cells operating in 1 canister? I was thinking of the same approach for my Chevy Express Van (7.4L engine) but need some help in designing. Currently I am using 2 cells in series, each brick is +nn-nn+, 2 volts across each plate. I know I am probably going to need more cells for such a large engine. We need the van, hence my username. Any input would appreciated.
                              Thanks, Chuck

Comment

Working...
                              X