Hamel Spinner/ EZ Spin variation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamel Spinner/ EZ Spin variation

This is a Hamel Spinner with a EZ Spin motor twist. I am in the preliminary test stage of it. Once I get it up and running I may post it to Thingiverse. The coils are elongated and thin to help deliver an abrupt pulse to four of the 5/16th " magnets on the rotor four times per revolution. The plan is to stack this in the configuration that David Hamel explained in his 3BGS design and will include a metal enclosure for ion trapping. That enclosure may very well be a ledyard style capacitor. I will not have a 3 ball pivot at the bottom. It will just be a needle in a pivot point. More details will come when I get it closer to the final stage. Included here is two pictures. The first one is of the loosely stacked tower. The second is of the top of the first layer. I don't expect this to be a high speed device with the magnets in such close proximity to one another. The main idea for the powered pulse coils is to stimulate movement. The interaction of the opposing magnetic fields should release ions.

Doug
    Attached Files

If you're not familiar with David Hamel and his work this may be a good place to start: Directoryavid Hamel Motor - PESwiki.com

Comment

The first trial was a fail. I used four windings (31awg) with 200t each at 26 ohms total. I used a micro reed as the trigger. I'm going back to the drawing board. I'm probably going outside of the repulsion magnets for the motor portion of this project. It may look more like a vertical Mendocino Motor stacked.

DMann

Comment

I added the file to Thingiverse: Magnetic Suspension Motor/Generator by Cotton80 - Thingiverse There are a few directions that you can go with this experimental piece.

If you do not have a 3D printer Tom Childs with Teslagenx is setup to print by request.

Mann

Comment

Nice work I was looking at the science forum where you post and I'm trying to figure out the picture for your Avatar. It looks almost like you are on a Grebennikov platform. Can you elaborate what that picture is before my imagination runs away with me
          There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Originally posted by ewizard View Post
            Nice work I was looking at the science forum where you post and I'm trying to figure out the picture for your Avatar. It looks almost like you are on a Grebennikov platform. Can you elaborate what that picture is before my imagination runs away with me
            Thanks EWizard. That was just an interesting picture I picked up off of the web a couple of years ago. Here is an earlier reference on this forum that you can take a look at and decide for yourself: http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ht=grebennikov

I want to believe.
            DMann

Comment

Working...
            X