Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tesla Switch Replication and Modification Thread

Hello Everyone,

I have spent several months working on the Tesla switch and wanted to start a thread to post and share my findings.

Over the next few weeks I plan to post what I have figured out so far. This concept is a great one shared by John Bedini and I suggest everyone gets his new DvD.

The goal is of course to advance the technology as far as possible.

-Altrez
    Last edited by altrez; 12-28-2014, 10:15 PM.

I started with this schematic moving the batteries by hand and data logging the process.

I spent hundreds of hours doing tests just on that simple concept.

-Altrez

Comment

At this point I am working off a schematic on the Tesla Switch DvD. I am running in a half switch configuration with three six volt 5ah batteries.

The output after the diode voltage drop is around 3.84. I am powering a simple LED with the setup now and it uses no energy to speak of. Battery 3 is also charging very slowly.

Using an LED is not going to prove much at this point as it looks like it will run at least 5 years

One big step is to figure out how to power a function generator without an external source. I might try to run it from battery 3 but there will be a loss in the system affecting over all performance.

-Altrez

Comment

Hello All,

My parts have finally shipped and should be here on Friday! I am making great progress on the switch and will post some pictures this week of the setup. One thing that I am not doing as of now is rotating the batteries.

The reason for this is that I want to find the perfect load and pulse rate so I have the slowest discharging of the series batteries as possible. I already know that I am going to brake my best run times however I don't want just to break them I want to shatter them.

More to come!

-Altrez

Comment

Happy New Year!!!

I have been working with my switch pulses all day and have recharged a dead D cell battery while running a light and charging battery 3!!!

More to come!!

-Altrez

Comment

Good start for a New Year

Originally posted by altrez View Post
            Happy New Year!!!

I have been working with my switch pulses all day and have recharged a dead D cell battery while running a light and charging battery 3!!!

More to come!!

-Altrez
            Altrez,
            How are switching the batteries, by hand or relays? I think and believe there is a way to power an EV that never needs to be changed using this methodology.

Thanks for sharing,
            wantomake

Comment

Originally posted by wantomake View Post
              Altrez,
              How are switching the batteries, by hand or relays? I think and believe there is a way to power an EV that never needs to be changed using this methodology.

Thanks for sharing,
              wantomake
              Hello wanttomake,

Right now I am using transistors for pulses and switching the positions by hand. Soon it will all be done automatically. John explains how to do that on the DvD.

I know you could build a switch to power an EV and I plan to try it on a small cart. However while its true you would not need to recharge, you would need to replace as the batteries wont last forever.

-Altrez

Comment

I took a small Razor dirt bike toy and put a 6 battery 24 volt switch on it. It would run about 12 hours strong before needing a charge. It rotated its batteries position. Normally it would run about 3 hours.

It was heavy and harder for the kid to ride. Plus it wasn't the greatest build and sometimes the duck tape and bubble gum would mess up.

In one of the bigger switch's I did we watched the internal impedance in the batteries and it actually went down to half in original count. I think batteries were somewhere around .00045 to .0005 ohms originally. The batteries were actually increasing the capacity. I think they were not up to par when purchased. So that indicated at least they were not wearing out.
                Now the batteries that I used to run loads from the ground side got black fluid in them and lost capacity over time. But using the hot side never gave problem and still doesn't. Its all in how you pulse the power through.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
                  I took a small Razor dirt bike toy and put a 6 battery 24 volt switch on it. It would run about 12 hours strong before needing a charge. It rotated its batteries position. Normally it would run about 3 hours.

It was heavy and harder for the kid to ride. Plus it wasn't the greatest build and sometimes the duck tape and bubble gum would mess up.

In one of the bigger switch's I did we watched the internal impedance in the batteries and it actually went down to half in original count. I think batteries were somewhere around .00045 to .0005 ohms originally. The batteries were actually increasing the capacity. I think they were not up to par when purchased. So that indicated at least they were not wearing out.
                  Now the batteries that I used to run loads from the ground side got black fluid in them and lost capacity over time. But using the hot side never gave problem and still doesn't. Its all in how you pulse the power through.

Matt
                  Hi Matt,

I agree its all about the pulses. What was the AH rating of your batteries? I want to convert an old golf cart to run off the Tesla Switch one day when I figure it all out.

Thanks for sharing!!

-Altrez

Comment

Originally posted by altrez View Post
                    Hi Matt,

I agree its all about the pulses. What was the AH rating of your batteries? I want to convert an old golf cart to run off the Tesla Switch one day when I figure it all out.

Thanks for sharing!!

-Altrez
                    They were just 7 amp hour batteries that come with it. I had extras.

Razor MX350 Parts: Battery Charger, Batteries, Tires & More : Monster Scooter Parts the parts for it are listed below.

You'll have to modify a golf cart to carry the batteries even if you use 12 volt. I thought about it too, instead I designed a solar charger to charge the existing batteries. I had another solar charger in it from someone else but it sucked and eventually burned up. Mine is still kicken and I haven't had to plug it in for a charge in a long time.

Matt
                    Last edited by Matthew Jones; 01-02-2015, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
                      They were just 7 amp hour batteries that come with it. I had extras.

Razor MX350 Parts: Battery Charger, Batteries, Tires & More : Monster Scooter Parts the parts for it are listed below.

You'll have to modify a golf cart to carry the batteries even if you use 12 volt. I thought about it too, instead I designed a solar charger to charge the existing batteries. I had another solar charger in it from someone else but it sucked and eventually burned up. Mine is still kicken and I haven't had to plug it in for a charge in a long time.

Matt
                      You keep sharing theses links with stuff I want to buy and you will get me in trouble!

-Altrez

Comment

Hello All,

So after many months of work on the 3 battery Tesla Switch and after watching the DvD's at least 5 times using the principles John talks about on the DvD I have managed to get longer run times with my Tesla Switch configuration.

This is using a 5 megahertz function generator, three 6 volt batteries two LEDs a few blocking diodes and a small load of less than 3 volts. I have noticed charging on all the batteries when the circuit is running not just the battery in the third position and have recharged several D cell non rechargeable batteries.

To me at least for what thats worth means that the technology does in fact work using the most basic pulsed testing I have not built the full circuit as of yet. I am not sure what I would do with 3 volts other then run a Joule Thief for several years. So that means I am moving on up to the 12 volt version.

-Altrez

Comment

Update 01/07/2015

So last night I did a test run on the 3 Battery Tesla switch in a basic configuration to test run times. The load I am using is a 10 watt LED spot light. Here is a picture of the setup:

I am only doing a single run and not swapping the batteries around so I can test the difference between the different setups.

Tonight I am going to add in the transistors, diodes, transformer and pulse generator to the same setup to see if there is any observable difference.

-Altrez

Comment

I would suggest using a brushed DC motor as load. The reason being, that's the kind of load you will want to run with a working system. Even a tiny radio shack brushed motor.
                            “Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers.”
                            —Bernhard Haisch, Astrophysicist

Comment

Hi Dave,

I am going to use one of the Razors tomorrow night. Will post results when I get a chance.

-Altrez

Comment

Working...
                              X