Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil winding tip - use old calculator to add

Hello All

I am putting together a coil winding set up with a variable speed reversing DC motor. On the mount where the new coil is being wound I have a magnet. And below that a simple reed switch wired to the "equals" contacts on a old calculator I never use. When you are ready to count windings ... turn on the calculator and enter on the keypad " 1 + " . And every full rotation will press "equals" button and that's it folks. Simple !!!

Dodeca

Thanks

How I do love simple genius

Comment

RE: calculator

Sweet. very useful. Good RPM calculator too.
      See my experiments here...
      http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

For those of you who found this didn't work on your calculator, try entering "1++" before triggering the equals key, and this will work fine. Good idea for coil wrap counting, Dodeca. Thanks for your post.
        "Seek wisdom by keeping an open mind to alternative realities, questioning authority, and searching for truth. Only then, when you see or hear something that has 'the ring of truth' to it, will it be as if a veil has been lifted, and suddenly you will begin to hear and see far more clearly than ever before." - Rickoff

Comment

Free energy ... I find any clues ... I'll give them to you all FREE

Originally posted by theremart View Post
          Sweet. very useful. Good RPM calculator too.
          If you are trying to measure how fast the wheel turns ... then the " debounce circuit " will prevent multiple fast reed switch closure on a calculator . But I think it's faster than the daftmans mechanical method .

To measure RPM ...

I might try a magnet mounted on the wheel that passes by a small coil once per revolution going back to the computer sound card ( mic input ).

It might work ??? 4 free

Dodeca

Comment

Ive seen this also done with a pedometer. Just pop it open and it makes sense. Micro switch activated by a cam or reed/magnet.....
            "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

Nice tip

Originally posted by dodeca View Post
              Hello All

I am putting together a coil winding set up with a variable speed reversing DC motor. On the mount where the new coil is being wound I have a magnet. And below that a simple reed switch wired to the "equals" contacts on a old calculator I never use. When you are ready to count windings ... turn on the calculator and enter on the keypad " 1 + " . And every full rotation will press "equals" button and that's it folks. Simple !!!

Dodeca
              HaHaHaHa
              old but it works and never missed up

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X