PDA

View Full Version : VX-6 Battery Additive

Aaron
03-05-2008, 07:22 PM
After seeing some questions on battery chemistry and some recent posts by John Bedini, I was thinking of a battery additive I used back in high school.

VX-6 Battery Additive. I ordered it from JC Whitney and added it to my car battery that wasn't able to be charged with a typical car battery charger. With the additive, it charged right up and ran fine the entire time I had the car. It really worked.

Would be interesting to see the interaction with this additive in a lead acid battery in combination with the radiant charging.

SOLDER-IT™ BATTERY ADDITIVES - JCWhitney Auto Parts (http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/showCustom-0/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2000821/c-10101/Nty-1/p-2000821/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/N-10101/tf-Browse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=vx6)

theremart
03-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 5 out of 5
longer battery life, July 15, 2006
By Anonymous from Quanah,TX (read all my reviews) (read all my reviews)
Ease of Use/Installation: 5 out of 5 5 out of 5
Features: 5 out of 5 5 out of 5
Quality/Construction: 5 out of 5 5 out of 5

"I added this to my lawn tractor battery 4 years ago. The manufacturer's battery warranty was originally 1 year. We have months or triple digit summer temperatures along with winter freezes. The lawn tractor starts everytime on the first try. I even let it sit idle for 5 months last winter without removing the battery. It started on the first try this spring."

How often do you shop at JC Whitney.com?: Once a Year
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)
Share this Review: Facebook Digg DelIcioUs
Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 5 out of 5
Charge It battery additive, June 25, 2006
By BKinUT from Utah

"I've used this product on my solar batteries for the past three years and have noticed a great improvement in battery performance. After adding Charge It the first time, I noticed the batteries charged faster and held the charge longer. I put 2oz in each of the lead-acid golf cart batteries I use every six months and my batteries still test as new.

I have used it in my snowmobile and quad batteries with great success also as these are seasonal use machines and the batteries remain charged between seasons without fail.

I have also recommended Charge It to my friends, and those who have used it thank me for the recommendation."

How often do you shop at JC Whitney.com?: Multiple Times a Year
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)

theremart
03-06-2008, 07:40 PM
I think it is the same stuff as this..
Charge-It Concentrated Battery Additive - eBay (item 9502486756 end time Mar-12-08 14:04:18 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/Charge-It-Concentrated-Battery-Additive_W0QQitemZ9502486756QQihZ015QQcategoryZ884 33QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l124 7QQcmdZViewItem)

has the same pictures, and the bottle looks the same...

Aaron
03-06-2008, 09:30 PM
I read somewhere that VX-6 is a cadmium additive.

It helps to remove sulfation and it helps to prevent its buildup to begin with.

theremart
03-07-2008, 02:00 AM
I am convinced i ordered a quart today. I have about 8 batteries that are sulfated, they really could use a boost.

theremart
03-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Well I tested last week adding the VX-6 that was mentioned before.

I added 2 oz to 2 different Golf cart batterries that I have been using for some time.

One of the batteries charged right up, and is working fine, I did not see a raise in the overall charge, the other battery actually got worse, the voltage dropped. Now, mind you the batteries I work with are ones that are returned back, so I put the one that got worse on my main charger and it could be that this battery just happened to reach the end of it's physical life when I did the test, or.... the Battery is now in the down cycle as it is being charge with the SSG, ( golf cart batteries take forever to get conditioned )

So, so far, one seemed to stay the same, the other is getting worse, I will have to try this on more batteries before I come to any conclusions.

On another note, I came across an idea that I want to try.

The idea is to charge the battery backwards after you have run the battery down. I could see how this could work, and I figure on a near dead battery what is there to loose? But that is the update so far...

mart

theremart
03-26-2008, 08:21 PM
I have now added 7 more batteries to the test.

Of the 7 two are charging slower than the others. But the other 5 are charging as normal if not better than before.

Will have to see how long they hold charge. I am thinking could take a while before the SSG re adjusts to the charge chemically.

theremart
03-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Was able finally to get them to go back to normal charge of 12.10. Had to go to 24V to get this working.

But the other 5 batteries are charging faster now. I am charging them and then using them to push against the slower 2 that charge.