Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to EASY cut off input power when battery charged up? SSG / SS SSG / TS SS SSG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to EASY cut off input power when battery charged up? SSG / SS SSG / TS SS SSG

Hi.
    I have been having a lot off luck after a long time hard work with these small and large SSG, SS SSG and TS SS SSG and the more advanced designs with special earthing, asyncronues cap assemblies and special diode bridges and the trigger mods that has come here in the laster time.

BUT
    I am looking for a way to solder something up that will cut off the input voltage for good when the charged battery reaches a specific voltage.

I can find many advanced switches and swappers.

But please.
    Is there someone whom has a or a few simpler ways of ONE TIME disconneting/cut off the INPUT when charged battery at a specific voltage?
    I would love a simple diagram or schematic, it is properly here somewhere, but i have not been able to find a simple way, only much more than i need :-)

It must be ONE TIME disconect, so that one has to reset to start again

I am very gratefull for what ever help that will help me do just that.

Thanks in advance for the time spend :-)

A link to my tubes off progress:
    Jes Ascanius - YouTube
    Last edited by Ascanius; 01-30-2013, 12:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Ascanius,

You could you use the ADC inputs on a PIC to sense the battery voltage via a voltage divider that could switch the trigger circuit of the SG.

I don't have a circuit diagram, but there are plenty of battery sensing PIC circuits out there.

John K.
    http://teslagenx.com

Comment

You can hook up the battery input into a comparator, the simple way without programming the MCUs, but you have to add filters between the input, connect the series of resistor, and a capacitor to ground, resulting a low pass filter, the time constant set to seconds, i.e use relatively small value resistor (around 1k resistor) and greater capacitor, electrolyte tens or hundreds of uF. I have made a LM393 comparator IC, pin 8 to charging battery +, pin 4 to charging battery -, pin 3 to reference voltage from 78L05 voltage regulator. pin 2 to center pin of 10k potentiometer, left pin of potentiometer connected to battery - , right pin to the filter output (parallel with electrolyte caps), then the pin 1 of IC connected to pull up 10k resistor, the other leg of this resistor connected to pin 8 of LM393, then this output of comparator runs to the pin 2 of monostabe 555 IC, to trigger the relay, then the relays cut off the line or swap the battery banks.

Comment

Unplug the battery while the code checks its voltage

My experience has been that you'll fry everything that tries any of the above. If instead you take a picaxe that energizes a relay (a normally closed relay) to the OPEN circuit position THEN do your ADC input, or comparative data logic -- then you can save a lot of burnt IC's. If instead, you dampen the spike with a cap, you lose the beneficial effect.

Cheers
        ----------------------------------------------------
        Alberta is under attack... http://rethinkalberta.com/

Has anyone seen my Bedini Ceiling Fan that pushes the warm air down, and charges batteries as an added bonus? Me neither. 'Bout time I made one!!!!! :P

Comment

Originally posted by kcarring View Post
          My experience has been that you'll fry everything that tries any of the above. If instead you take a picaxe that energizes a relay (a normally closed relay) to the OPEN circuit position THEN do your ADC input, or comparative data logic -- then you can save a lot of burnt IC's. If instead, you dampen the spike with a cap, you lose the beneficial effect.

Cheers
          kcarring, that's my experience as well. You can either use the relay to cut the trigger part of the circuit, or use a bigger relay to cut the primary power circuit.

John K.
          http://teslagenx.com

Comment

Working...
          X