• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone up for Free Energy? :)

This is quite hilarious if true:

Free Energy - by mistake!!! - YouTube

Needs to be tested, aye?
    Sticking it to the man...

At 1:15 in the video, there can be seen a wire is wrapped around the end of the
    small screwdriver, this wire is still attached to the mains, and the light is
    powered through the wire. He just pulls the screwdriver out but the wire is still
    connected. That's what it looks like to me.

Free Energy - by mistake!!! - YouTube

Cheers

Comment

@ Farmhand

It is still connected, but instead to the "grounding" of the unit.

So now he has one wire connected to the AC power
      The other wire to the ground

It still could be a trick, but there is a difference.

Comment

Farmhand,

The point is:
        If you stick your own copper pipe to the ground it is not connected to the 0-potential the power company uses for measuring.

You get your current by not closing their loop but terminating the live wire to your own ground pipe after you have run your current through your devices
        Last edited by dragonborn; 12-13-2012, 03:53 PM.

Comment

oh that it were that easy!

Sorry to disappoint guys this is a typical circuit of a Kwh meter

2s and 2l are the neutral in and out and of course common with the property safety ground/earth. In the case of the video instead of using the neutral return the dummy is using the property safety earth. As you can see the neutrals are linked actually by a solid bar at the meter itself . Regardless of which return this guy uses the meter is only monitoring the live feed cable. The only reason for the neutral going into the meter at all is to feed the voltage monitoring coil.
          afraid you still gotta pay .. and get shafted
          PS It may be worthwhile to note that house hold power is monitored by volts and current as P=VI
          there is no account taken of power factor regarding domestic properties. It isn't monitored so If some one tries to sell you power factor correction equipment …..
          Last edited by Duncan; 12-13-2012, 06:14 PM.
          Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

Comment

Yes, the trick is turning the meter around

Actually, what kind of meters do the power companies use?
            They measure both ways to pay for those who put electricity into the grid?

Comment

Originally posted by Cherryman View Post
              @ Farmhand

It is still connected, but instead to the "grounding" of the unit.

So now he has one wire connected to the AC power
              The other wire to the ground

It still could be a trick, but there is a difference.
              AS Duncan showed it makes no difference except that you're life is at serious risk of ending.

If you can put current from the live line into the ground then you need to have an RCD (safety switch) fitted.

What is an RCD? - EnergySafety - Department of Commerce

Portable RCD's can be purchased for use anywhere. They save peoples lives.

Regardless the power is still paid for. I can power a light from battery powered
              transformer (inverter) using the active terminal and a ground connection
              because the neutral line is ground connected for safety. Doing this means
              that only one of the two power lines is "hot" or dangerous the neutral is held
              at ground potential and is generally safe to even touch it BUT DO NOT, just in
              case of faults. The Earth becomes a conductor and the system being an
              inverter is outside the house's safety switch's protection. So I bought an RCD
              for 25 Dollars to use in experiments.

Single wire Earth return systems use the Earth as one conductor.
              SWER, How does it work? - Rural Power

Not only is the guy a faker but he is showing people how to get killed. He
              should be machine banned from You tube. and prosecuted for reckless endangerment.

Cheers
              Last edited by Farmhand; 12-13-2012, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
                Not only is the guy a faker but he is showing people how to get killed. He
                should be machine banned from You tube. and prosecuted for reckless endangerment.
                Ah, you are super conservative.

If you really pay attention there is actually nothing promised in the video (so no faking present) and it starts with a warning.

There are many users on youtube posting videos that show even better how to get killed. Should they all be machine banned and prosecuted?

Comment

I missed the warning, you say nothing was claimed. Then what was the video
                  purpose ? At the beginning it said "FREE ENERGY" then "kid's do not try this".
                  Not much of a warning and and a few times free energy is implied.

If there was sufficient warning of the dangers then fair enough, there are many
                  on you tube who display what I can only call reckless endangerment. The
                  encouragement to do dangerous things comes in the form of implied free energy
                  or just claimed free energy.

Yes many should be banned and face some kind of disincentive.

I'm not a super conservative, I just think it is irresponsible to show these very
                  dangerous activities with a claim of free energy.

Cheers

Comment

I missed the warning, you say nothing was claimed. Then what was the video purpose?
                    Did you notice any question marks in the video? The first and foremost purpose of the video is to make people think for themselves.

At the beginning it said "FREE ENERGY" then "kid's do not try this".
                    Not much of a warning and and a few times free energy is implied.
                    Did you happen to notice that "Free Energy" was actually inside quotation marks?

A warning is a warning and people should stop to think. If they do not, then stupid is as stupid does.

The encouragement to do dangerous things comes in the form of implied free energy or just claimed free energy.
                    Is a proposed question encouragement? It appears that you now only expose how you relate yourself to what you observe and how your own thought process arranges itself.

Yes many should be banned and face some kind of disincentive.

I'm not a super conservative, I just think it is irresponsible to show these very dangerous activities with a claim of free energy.
                    Potentially dangerous information was presented in its True form. Nothing was faked. Questions were presented to make the viewer think. I see your thinking as *very* super conservative.

Do you think Truth is something that needs to be hidden/buried and not be told to others?

Comment

Working...
                    X