Creative Science & Research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Science & Research

This thread was an accidental duplicate of another thread by the same title, but I've decided to breath new life into this thread by recycling it.

This thread for anomalies.

Cheers
    Last edited by Berg; 02-25-2013, 04:57 AM. Reason: recycling

Anomaly #1

vacuum spark gap over unity? - YouTube

The lamp with a broken filament lights up when connected between two MOTs.

The author of the video wants to know why.

Interesting.

Cheers

Comment

This is known to me , but can you measure input current in both situations ? I mean with broken and normal halogen.
      That would be interesting. Also if TWO of them (broken and normal in parallel on input side) can work (I suppose first broken should be placed and current flow then by switch connected normal halogen in parallel.

How many broken halogens do you have ? Once I had incandescent broken bulb showing the same effect in low frequency - it was famous Tesla stinging rays.
      I BET you can recreate it with variable spark gap and normal halogen.
      I believe the broken filament must be in special mode to allow spark to pass to the rest of filament thus recreate the setup I mentioned.
      Once I saw experiment by Mopozco on youtube.

BAsically it is purely Tesla method of conversion and it's OU but in small factor (let's better say it's a very efficient usage of current but you cannot loop it)

Comment

Originally posted by Berg View Post

The lamp with a broken filament lights up when connected between two MOTs.

The author of the video wants to know why.

Interesting.

Cheers
        The WHY is explained under the youtube video answers by youtube members too. And this was explained on a forum I cannot recall where at the moment.

Briefly: the broken filament just works as a gas-filled airgap because the 2000V difference between the broken filament wires ignites the argon gas and keeps the gas ions conducting, hence the lefthand-side transformer with its normal 110V lamp load is able to work backwards. The broken filaments has a very high impedance (an open circuit) as long as the gas is not ignited.

When the good 12V halogen lamp is used, the current circulating in the paralleled 2000V tranformer coils is too small to heat up and light the 12V filament bulb, the filament wire has a small resistance, so voltage drop is also small across it.

Comment

Working...
        X