Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermoelectric generator (nepal)

http://free-energy.webs.com/

its interesting Nepal grow hemp, they could power their whole country and create 29,000 other renewable projects with that

Ash

Originally posted by ashtweth View Post

its interesting Nepal grow hemp, they could power their whole country and create 29,000 other renewable projects with that

Ash
    Hey Ash, Im building a portable efficient stove for camping/3rd world situations. I have orderded a 15 watt TEG chip form TEGPOWER.com. Looking forward to testing it out. So many applications.

Cheers

Shan
    "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

Powerpot ...

Hi Ash,
      Here they made a start-up with this concept The PowerPot by David Toledo — Kickstarter

A big success, they asked for 50k, they got over 125k in pledge
      I pledged for a small model + 1 device sent in poor country, total 199 USD.
      They say they will deliver in July ... of course it's a top quality one, but it could be made much cheaply locally

The idea is very good, peltier modules cost just a few dollars in China !
      Wholesale Thermoelectric Peltier Modules - Buy China Wholesale Thermoelectric Peltier Modules from Chinese Wholesalers | DHgate.com

Whatever people can say about burning wood and deforestation ... the truth is that TODAY hundreds of millions of families are using it because they don't have any alternative to cook and heat their houses ... so making electricity at the same time they are cooking would be very useful ...

cheers,
      Jules
      Last edited by Jules Tresor; 05-08-2012, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Ash

Such a very amazing link!
        Watch Dark Shadows Online Free

Comment

Smoke-free stove, with fan powered by thermoelectric generator by Philips !
          http://money.cnn.com/popups/2006/for..._living/5.html

Comment

Several videos on thermo-electric power, stove, kerolamp ...
            Youtube channel tegpowerdotcom - YouTube
            And several products he sells Thermoelectric Generators Wholesale (All Products)

Comment

BioLite

BioLite as made an amazing work !! BioLite Thermoelectric Wood Stove | Brian's Backpacking Blog

"The BioLite Stove claims to have reduced the smoke emissions from wood burning by 90% through clever engineering, and their patent-pending thermoelectric-fan technology almost eliminates the black carbon (soot).

Not only does the BioLite stove burn pretty much anything you put into it with incredible efficiency, it can also use the leftover heat that it generates to power up your cellphone or even a small light. It does this by converting a small amount of the fire’s thermal energy into electricity using the solid state thermoelectric generator, that in turn powers what they refer to as their "combustion improvement system" a.k.a. a small electric fan."

Official website with HD pictures : BioLite - BioLite Stove

Comment

A good PDF from Colorado University on peltier thermo-electric http://www.everredtronics.com/files/...from_STOVE.pdf

Comment

Hi JT/Shan and ALL

Shan thanks for the update, i was thinking a gasificaiton unit (has waste heat) could really use this also, i wonder WHY people have njot got a gasification units in third world countries so many ways you could couple heat and battery charging with it, looking forward to the Shan experimentation with it mate, have missed not seeing your vids for a while my friend.

Thanks JT, its seems with a good JT/Ringer perfected this is going be to easy to connect the dots, good ideas as always my friend lets get some units built and tested.

Ash

Comment

Hi Ash,
                    Yes I'd be glad to find someone to build this system in open source.
                    It seems very low tech, and also cheap.

I am very excited to go and try this Peltier power + JT light in a poor country.

The only obstacle would be to find the right person/NGO to manufacture them.

I want to finance the prototyping, testing and small production, and also I can do the internet side, OPEN SOURCING the devices, and emailing NGOs around the world. Also sending them plans and samples.

I have tried to do that with water filters for years, but all NGOs have their own agendas, or they are not qualified, or they ask you enormous fees to work with you. Foreign staff pumping money to pay their comfortable salary and living under the sun, ending in pub every night

I had several experiences all ending nowhere, but I am still motivated

Only those who "have done that" can understand ...

As for the JT light, the only problem I see would be shortening the LED lifespan with this high voltage/frequencies.

Comment

A candle,a peltier and a Joule thief : Perpetuum mobile - "free" energy generator from a candle

Comment

????

Why not just use the candle for Light?

Comment

good idea

Home - THE FREE ENERGY SOURCE

Ash
                          Hey Ash,

Thermocoupling with a JT type circuit powering LED's or a larger device depending on the scale of the system

It would be very easy for a household with a large thermocoupling device with wires running to the rooms that need the desired power/or lights.

My Dad visited Nepal a few months ago and informed me that most to all of their power is generated from Hydroelectric systems.
                          Looked very dangerous in the photos of the power lines with people just hooking more lines in parallel to the main power line, was no transformers in any of the pics and all have to pay for use of electricity since is available for all to tap in. (was only a very cheap rate by western standards)
                          Many people could utilize the heat energy in the larger populated areas to reduce the amount of wires hooked up as I mentioned.
                          But realistically, this is perfectly suited for people in a rural area the are limited to basic power needs.

Regards
                          Zero

Comment

Thanks JT/Zero for the info and report .Its sad in Nepal i assume because of the earth going through changes that the SUN is hardcore and people are routinely getting cataracts and go blind, most of the elderly are blind by later age, thankfully there is a charity operation going on and the doctor who invented the new lens goes there and treats them restoring their sight with charity money.

One example like YOU guys where charity is making the only difference in the world .

Ash

Comment

Optimistic

Thanks JT/Zero for the info and report .Its sad in Nepal i assume because of the earth going through changes that the SUN is hardcore and people are routinely getting cataracts and go blind, most of the elderly are blind by later age, thankfully there is a charity operation going on and the doctor who invented the new lens goes there and treats them restoring their sight with charity money.

One example like YOU guys where charity is making the only difference in the world .

Ash
                              Hey Ash,

The basic technology is on the net for small scale cheap lighting that all can replicate. If they can obtain, Copper wire, LED's and resistors.
                              Thermocoupling and other heat based energy generation technologies do need further development, even for us here in Australia Ash

Geothermal energy could power realistically any nation that possesses either a Volcano, Hot rocks or other underground thermodynamic principle to extract the heat.
                              Has been 2-3 years since I looked into any of this heat-based technology and I'm glad to see more data.

Regards
                              Zero

Comment

Working...
                              X