Simple DC motor idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple DC motor idea.

Just dumping an idea here. I have been looking at some of my old designs and concepts out of nostalgia and thought there was one principle that could need further testing. This idea came out of my homopolar phase where you use DC.

Now the concept below shows a motor type setup, the point is that due to the magnetic field the rotor would like to rotate 90° in order to reach an equilibrium position with the coil. This isn't too hard to grasp. However as the rotor rotates the magnetic field inside the rotor remains stationary or is moved (depends on your point of view) and thus the rotor can never find equilibrium and keep on spinning endlessly.

The large gaps in the stator are there to prevent the magnetic field on the sides from returning back into the stator. Thus it would rather traverse the smaller airgap between the stator and rotor. The gaps in the rotor also have the same function. The straighter the field lines the better I would guess.

This concept simply utilizes the Lorentz force or whatever you want to call it. Instead of the conductor moving, the magnetic field source moves instead. Hence there's no changing fluxes or back emfs induced in the coil.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by broli; 04-09-2012, 12:07 PM.
Working...
X