Cosmic ray cloud chamber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmic ray cloud chamber

made a cosmic ray cloud chamber and got the thin mist or fog but cant see any cosmic rays Have it in my closet and looking at it with a led. what am I doing wrong?

if you dont know what a crcc is I tried to do what is found on How to make a cloud chamber - YouTube

please ANY help is welcome

I apologize tturner, but I have no idea why yours doesn't work, can you give us details about the way you constructed it?

I'm bumping this thread up because I simply can't believe no one is interested in a way to actually see Alpha Beta and Gamma particles. I've never heard of this before, it has me really excited. All this talk about radiant energy all the time, and no builds this thing to actually measure radiant energy and interactions with it (for example you can actually see the effects of adding a magnetic or electric field to influence the path of charged particles).

Comment

I know right I was like I wonder why no one is responding well I made one like the one on the video with 90% alcohol, felt super glued to the top, tried and sealed but not too good with playdo. I say vapor particles but never any prof of any radiant activity. I would like to ma sawll ke something to show it. I have seen a video about a continuous one. Dry ice get expensive and hard to work with. This looks really cool to be able to see the activity.

Comment

Working...
      X