Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help welcome to set up a little bedini generator

Hi everybody,

i recently got an interest at bedini technologies, and now i want to have my bedini generator.
    I have anderstood a part of the principle, i get N52 little magnets, cdrom with axis, my questions are related to the coils mainly.

Where do you get empty spools ?
    Are the thickness of wires important ?
    Why some use air core coils and some welding sticks as core?
    What are the specs for the transistor ?
    Some use short coils, some long coils , why ?
    I see schematics with bifiliar and some with trifiliar, why ?
    What is a "reed switch" ?

Thanks in advance for answering those first questions ...

Eric

hi

Hi Eric,

you can buy them, or make them, I made some with PVC in the middle, and the sides with small CDS, or big cds if you want a really big one!! (just 1 cd in each side will probably brake, so you can stack a couple.

the transistor could be a MJL21194 or a 2n3055 or similar.

about bifilar or trifilar, you need at least 1 power winding and 1 trigger winding (bifilar), the 3rd winding is a recovery winding, but you can use the power winding in a bifilar as a recovery winding as well, the bifilar is the SSG and the trifilar is SG. the bifilar uses 1 diode from the power winding, and the trifilar ustes a bridge rectifier (4 diodes) from the 3rd winding.

about the wire size and lenght diferences, I am not sure.

You should use ceramic magnets, maybe an air core would work with the neo magnets or if you use welding rods core and neo magnets the gap between the magnets and coil core should be bigger than with ceramic magnets.

and about the reed switch... there is no reed switch!!

best,

Alvaro H

Originally posted by alienas View Post
    Hi everybody,

i recently got an interest at bedini technologies, and now i want to have my bedini generator.
    I have anderstood a part of the principle, i get N52 little magnets, cdrom with axis, my questions are related to the coils mainly.

Where do you get empty spools ?
    Are the thickness of wires important ?
    Why some use air core coils and some welding sticks as core?
    What are the specs for the transistor ?
    Some use short coils, some long coils , why ?
    I see schematics with bifiliar and some with trifiliar, why ?
    What is a "reed switch" ?

Thanks in advance for answering those first questions ...

Eric

Comment

Great thanks Alvaro. You gave me ideas, it's good.
      I've got other questions though. What is the link between the type of the magnet and the core of the coil ?
      What does a melding rods core brings to the coil ?
      Regarding the size of the wire, maybe it's because of diferent resistivity ? Or because one will flow more voltage than the other ?
      Putting 2 or 3 large wires together is good also ? Sure it's more costly !
      How many meters of wire aprox in one coil ?
      Eric
      Last edited by alienas; 03-01-2012, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Hi everybody,

I have anderstood a part of the principle, i get N52 little magnets...
        These are no good. Bedini specifies ferrite magnets only. There is
        one group that is head and shoulders better than all others in this
        matter, in my opinion, and they are here:

Bedini_Monopole3 : Bedini_Monopole3

Paul-R

Comment

i also heard about using ceramic magnets, its is easier to find its "sweet spot"

fyi i havent built one yet
          0P3N S0UR(E 3NG1N33R1NG

Comment

It's easier for me to find neodymium magnets than ceramic magnets. I saw a lot using neo for bedini applications.

Apart from that, i don't really anderstand why the neon bulb protects the transistor. I don't find the same neon bulb in france (i find in China by 10000 unity), what else can i use. I've got capacitors...

Other thing ! The voltage produced is alternative. Are there some guys using alternative current than charging batteries with DC ?

Thanks

Comment

It's easier for me to find neodymium magnets than ceramic magnets. I saw a lot using neo for bedini applications.

Apart from that, i don't really anderstand why the neon bulb protects the transistor. I don't find the same neon bulb in france (i find in China by 10000 unity), what else can i use. I've got capacitors...

Other thing ! The voltage produced is alternative. Are there some guys using alternative current than charging batteries with DC ?

Thanks
              You can use Neo magnets, but it will be a bit more difficult, but they do work, and fairly well when you get everything just right.

The neon bulb protects the transistor by acting as a sort of spark gap and burning off the excess voltage when there is no charge battery hooked to the circuit. They are not direly needed, the circuit will work without them, but there is a higher potential to burn up the transistor if something isn't hooked up just right.

There are lots of ways to charge batteries, though I honestly don't know the answer to that question... The current coming out of the coil is AC, but it is half rectified by the diode, if that makes sense.

hope that helps a bit
              N8
              The absence of proof is not proof of absence

Comment

I don't find the same neon bulb in france
                Sometimes called grain of wheat bulbs.

Comment

Originally posted by wrtner View Post
                  Sometimes called grain of wheat bulbs.
                  Great,i find them, in modelism stores, but very few... even on ebay,
                  Thanks

Comment

Not the same

A grain of wheat bulb is not the same as a neon bulb. A grain of wheat bulb is a small incandescent bulb that is used in the trigger circuit of the SSG to help control the "sweet spot". A neon bulb is a small bulb with two electrodes and is filled with neon gas. When the voltage reaches a certain value dependent upon the electrode spacing then the gas will fire and the bulb will light. When placed from the collector to emitter of the transistor this threshold voltage is what allows the SSG to charge a battery and still protect the transistor if the charge battery is not hooked up.

Carroll

PS: The common number for the neon you want is NE2. There are hundreds of them on Ebay.
                    Last edited by citfta; 03-04-2012, 07:10 PM.
                    Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

I found on ebay ne2 in england for a few euros. But there was only one reseller!!

Is the 2n 3055 sensitive to soldering heat like some little transistors, or is it ok for soldering?

I see many videos were they don't solder, they always use grippers, it's strange!

Comment

Yes you can solder to the leads of the transistor. Just keep the time short that you hold the soldering pencil to the lead. If you need to you can practice on some other component first until you get a feel for how to solder quickly. With a fully hot soldering pencil you should be able to solder to the transistor lead in about 5 seconds or so. If it takes you longer than 10 seconds you need to let everything cool down and try again. You can also get little heat sinks like hemostats to put on the lead of the transistor while you are soldering to help absorb the heat before it gets back to the case.

One reason a lot of people use transistor sockets is because if you forget to connect the charge battery and run the SSG if you don't have the neon you WILL blow the transistor and have to replace it, which is more trouble if it is soldered in. I always solder mine so I am sure I have a good connection. But I have 50 years experience repairing electronics so I am pretty good at taking the transistor back out if I blow it.

Carroll
                        Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

i've begun to solder my main board, i miss the charging battery. Can i put a simple incandescent light to replace the load ? i would like to put a LED to see a flash at each magnet turn, where is it more appropriate ?
                          Thanks
                          Eric
                          Last edited by alienas; 03-06-2012, 12:13 AM.

Comment

OK, now i've got the whole thing. I've made my coil, with two wires, and i built a self runner, with one single battery and a cap. I tried with iron nails as core for my coil, but the magnets were attracted by the nails. So i removed the nails, and it's a air core coil now. I put all in place, spinned the rotor and get nothing except a strange sound like in this video :

Bedini monopole motor sound 1 - YouTube

The coil generates a north as it pushes the magnets that are north oriented. But i get no accelaration, the coil vibrates as the rotor spins, the coil is not hard fixed to the ground, should it be ?

What is this sound ? How to debug ?
                            Thanks for any help ...
                            Eric

The shematic is this one, with a 2N3055 and 470 R + 500 R pot.
                            or there
                            Directory:Bedini SG:Replications:Marcus:Self-Running - PESWiki
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by alienas; 03-09-2012, 12:20 AM.

Comment

sounds to me like your coil is self oscillating, which would indicate the resistance is too high.
                              try using a 100Ω resistor and the same pot, and see if that doesn't solve the problem.
                              You can also try taking some turns off the coil, since it will have it's own base resistance, and if that is too high, you get no spin either.
                              hope that helps

N8
                              The absence of proof is not proof of absence

Comment

Working...
                              X