A modern Bourke-style engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A modern Bourke-style engine

Just came across this engine today, the Pattakon OPRE diesel engine. The inventor claims that the 500 cc engine weighs 20 Kg but is able to produce 50 kw @ 6000 rpm. If the engine weighs and produces as much power as the inventor claims then it would be great to use in a lightweight single seat vehicle.

The following picture shows a complete power train with engine and gearbox

Further information and video clips can be found at the following links:

http://www.pattakon.com/pattakonOPRE.htm
    pattakoncom's Channel - YouTube
    Last edited by phi1.62; 01-14-2012, 06:32 AM.

Your idea of a bourke engine and mine is very different since mine does not use single firing chamber for two cylinders

Comment

By Bourke-style style engine I was refering to the fact that both engines are opposed pistons engines, lightweight and claim to have a high power to weight ratio, I apologise for any misconceptions. I am aware that there are a number people on this forum who are interested in the Bourke Engine and I thought I would bring this motor to the attention of the forum members due to the similarities that I mentioned and also that the inventor has demonstrated a working prototype.

A look on the website shows that the inventor has a number of ideas for engine improvements. He also has sketches for a swing piston engine, which is what the MYT engine is based upon:

Comment

Working...
      X