View Single Post

Old 05-25-2010, 12:15 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Tresor View Post
I passed an order for the 10A one, the cheapest, still 465 USD, not including VTA ... Renaissance Charge - Intelligent Solutions to Premature Battery Failure
Jules, 465 USD is comparable to other quality charge controllers on the market that claim similar, but not quite what the Tesla Power Amplifier can do. Don't compare the Tesla Power Amplifier with the cheap $100 units that can't do what it can do. The cheap ones can't restore your batteries and work in low light as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Tresor View Post
I was quite deceived by the Rennaissance RC-1AU-240, because it is VERY noisy. But it works for battery rejuvenating.
I use it on my electric bicycle, 24V battery, and it charges very slowly, like 1 A/hour ...
I was expecting more, but nevermind it's better than nothing.
It is also very heavy because of the 240V transformer, and costly for what it is, 700 USD with shipping and French VTA !

And now their prices have increased again !!! The Renaissance RC-1AU Universal Radiant Charger for Small Rechargeable Batteries (far to be humanitarians, they are "good" businessmen at least)

If you don't mind I prefer to order one experimental from you ! To test the results before
Jules, the RC-1AU-240 I have is no more noisier than I would consider normal. About the same amount of noise as a florescent light transformer when on the highest power setting (24V). When I use it to charge the kid's toy batteries "AAA's, "AA's" etc. on power level 1 or 2 I don't even notice it is on. Perhaps yours has a loose cover screw or something. Make sure it's sitting on a flat, solid surface as well.

A 24V battery on my RC-1AU takes a few hours, longer if the battery is totally dead. What type of battery are you using? If it is a gel-cell it may have dried out and even the RC-1AU can't bring back dried out batteries!

I'm not sure where you have seen USD700, because the web-site is showing USD483 which includes international shipping.

John K.