Thread: Bedini SG
View Single Post

Old 09-19-2007, 08:08 PM

A response to 'using AC' and then some :)

Hello, I'm very new with all of this, <month I didn't have a clue how to use a transistor. I cobbled together a full sg motor, and have and continue to play with and study any and all that I can with it.

Regarding using AC wall current: I used a plug-in battery charger; takes wall ac and outputs dc; and it felt like the motor wouldn't stabilize. To elaborate, In playing with it I found with my batteries they would hit spots where they would ...how do I describe this... well, I use a variable 5k ohm potentiometer and if I have it set to 0, the current draw hops all over, and it runs but really badly, like it's being flooded with current. When I trim it some it will rise in speed and the current draw will stabilize, sometimes hopping down quite a few milliamps (on my motor from 300ish to 180ish), if the battery has a fair amount of juice I can trim it more and it will kinda like get a second wind, it will speed up even more and the current draw that sustains this is much less. So what I mean about the power from the wall socket charger not stabilizing is that it wouldn't behave like the batteries would, it would act like I had the pot set to 0 ohms no matter what I did. So one conclusion I made is that the supplied current needs to be steady, batteries I imagine can only supply so much and don't change how fast they release the energy inside themselves.

I figure the wall battery charger is just designed to flood the battery or load, with as much juice as it wants, so it always varies. Or maybe there is something to the nature of the wall ac, it's always flipping back and forth...well I'm pretty new, my guess is it's just the way the plug-in charger works.

I believe that's undesirable ya? We want the circuit to synchronize it's operation so the electron movement is as close to nil as possible so the radiant energy fractionation can take place consistently.

...or are these motors just simply designed to be efficient. The reduction of counter emf, the tiny load and adding a recovery circuit is it designed to be more productive than the draw it takes? All of the above?

My current test model is pretty frankenstein; a shopping car wheel, a nail with wire around it, tons of radio shack do-dads. I intend to build another more efficient one. I read some of you added more energizers and more coils on each energizer, is there an optimal amount of turns? is there an excessive amount? When you put multiple coils on the same spool do you hook them in parallel or series? Does the number of turns on the trigger coil affect it's performance? I plan to test and find these answers myself, but if someone has traveled those roads already and can pass along their insight and discoveries it would be totally appreciated.

Thank you
Jesse