View Single Post

Old 10-22-2009, 07:00 AM
Gold Member

Hi All,

Sorry if I have been a bit absent here. I've been triple checking possible security holes to find that Skype seems to be the culprit. For those that think I am only being paranoid, I offer a couple screen shots I've humorously named Octoberus Virus Typicallus:

Octoberus Virus Typicallus

Octoberus Virus Typicallus Emailicus Enumerati

Seriously, though, dealing with this stuff is time consuming and is the only reason such volume has increased 4,000% since I have been involved with the RA circuit. I have done specific IP tracing back from actual live connections facilitated by these viruses, Skype and these two forums (this one and OU).

I was surprised to find a computer in Edinburgh University attached with an active connection. The contact information for that IP block was routed to a building called the James Clerk Maxwell building. That connection was monitoring my contact with Rosemary via Skype. I was also surprised to find a computer connected to mine via the OU forum, also located in England. This one was one of the many associated with the BBC communications company.

Whatever the case, it is quite apparent that someone is trying to throw a wrench into the works here. A word to the wise.

Last edited by Harvey; 10-22-2009 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Second link was to a small image