View Single Post

Old 10-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Platinum Member

We can be our own worst enemies

The greatest weapon that the Ruling Class has going in their favor is public apathy. There are many reasons why apathy is so prevalent - a feeling of hopelessness, a feeling that one's vote does not matter in the larger scheme of things, an "I don't care" attitude, fear of bucking the system, ignorance, or effective brainwashing foisted upon us by the Ruling Class. Here are a few quotes concerning apathy:

Quote:
" As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." - Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Quote:
"We have the greatest opportunity the world has ever seen, as long as we remain honest -- which will be as long as we can keep the attention of our people alive. If they once become inattentive to public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, judges and governors would all become wolves." - Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the United States, main author of the Declaration of Independence, and one of the most influential Founding Fathers

Quote:
"For the great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli, an Italian philosopher and one of the main founders of modern political science

Quote:
"As I watch government at all levels daily eat away at our freedom, I keep thinking how prosperity and government largesse have combined to make most of us fat and lazy and indifferent to, or actually in favor of, the limits being placed on that freedom." - Lyn Nofziger, assistant to the president in political affairs, White House, Reagan administration

Quote:
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs, is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato, a classical Greek philosopher

Quote:
"The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office." - Will Rogers, Cherokee-American cowboy, humorist, social commentator, and actor

Quote:
"When liberty is taken away by force it can be restored by force. When it is relinquished voluntarily by default it can never be recovered." - Dorothy Thompson, first American journalist to be expelled from Nazi Germany [1934]

Last edited by rickoff; 10-18-2009 at 10:57 PM. Reason: sp