View Single Post

Old 10-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Platinum Member

Reply to Al:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTIQUER View Post
Rick, there is no indication that Jesus was enraged, not in the punctuation or the words. Indeed, Mark said "he taught" the lesson of keeping the temple pure and free of commerce, a good example of teaching by word and deeds.
Perhaps I should have used the word "outraged" instead, but you'll have to admit that Jesus wasn't against kicking butt when the situation called for it. He was certainly outraged that the moneychangers were practicing usury in the temple, and certainly did resort to forcefully driving them out. He made a whip out of cords, and used it to drive the userers out while overturning their money tables and spilling their money out upon the floor. That's some rather strong action to take, but I think well deserved under the circumstances.
"And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;" - John 2:15
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...eyChangers.jpg

The quote at the beginning of your post was something I had stated in a previous post, and in full reads, "By actively seeking to expose and cast out the modern day moneychangers [the big money bankers and powerful elite], are we not following in Christ's footsteps and learning from his example?"

As I have said before, Al, I fully agree with you that we need to vote people into office who will take action to weaken and then drive out the userers who oppress us. I'm not suggesting that anyone actually take up a whip, or otherwise physically punish them, but rather that we can "crack the whip" of justice at them if we will all stand together and demand justice.

Best regards to you Al,

Rick