View Single Post

Old 10-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Energetic Science Practitioner

I think the rich focus too much on the sins of the non-rich and the non-rich focus too much on the sins of the rich.

Do people really think you can quantify sin by any population?

Anyway I had a different thought regarding this post. I wonder what will be the result of Obama now preventing the Swiss bank accounts situation. Will people move all that money back to the US and let it get taxed? Will people move out of the US?

But overall I have to look at this spiritually.

17Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not?"

18But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, "You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? 19Show me the coin used for paying the tax." They brought him a denarius, 20and he asked them, "Whose portrait is this? And whose inscription?"

21"Caesar's," they replied.
Then he said to them, "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

Matthew 22 - Passage*Lookup - New International Version - BibleGateway.com

What this means to me is that God does intend for us to honor whoever provides our roads, schools, police force, etc.

I'm not saying those people never get corrupt, I'm just saying all people get corrupt.

But on that:

Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God."

Acts 5 - Passage*Lookup - New International Version - BibleGateway.com

Meaning God will not let corruption get too far for too long.

I don't mean to say we are wrong for spotting any injustices out there.

Just saying I think it's possible to get too caught up in the us against them thing to where it's not productive.

We are all one