View Single Post

Old 07-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Gold Member

2 THE NATURE OF THE FIELD AS IT RELATES TO THE PROPOSED PARTICLE IN THE FIELD

The next point is to do with the nature of a magnetic field. I only refer to simple bar magnets because I could buy them and study them. But the nature of the field is evident in all magnetic fields. It appears to orbit, north to south and back to north. In other words it has a single justification or direction. It does not vary it's orbital direction but will move the entire body of the magnet to adjust to another field. However, in induced magnetic fields, such as in electric circuits, flux can change that orbital justification or direction but only with a corresponding change in the applied voltage or potential difference. In effect an orbit 'chases its tail' with a justified bias. And the orbit describes a circle.

Also, as there is no change to the weight of a magnet as a result of this movement of flux then one may conclude that the actual quantity of that flux may be constant. In other words it orbits the body of a magnet - neither increasing or decreasing in quantity nor range of influence.

I then developed what I refer to as a principle of correspondence - meaning that everything is substantially the sum of its parts. This applies to everything visible. A rock, for instance, comprises atoms and molecules that form that rock. If we ground the rock down to it's finest parts we'd find a collection of atoms and molecules that form that rock. In the same way I proposed that a magnetic flux field may also comprise particles being the smallest part of the whole field. And by using a principle of correspondence it may then be possible to determine the nature of that particle as it relates to the field.

Becuase the magnet has two poles, then the particle would be a magnetic dipole. Because the amount of flux does not appear to vary - then the number of particles comprising the flux would be constant. Because magnets align north to south, then these dipoles would align north to south. In effect they would form strings. Because the field appears to be smooth then the particles would have to be arranged in some smooth pattern of charge distribution - evenly dispersed thoughout the field.

In effect the actual shape of the flux is toroidal and the correspondence of the particles within those strings would be precisely aligned to balance that charge. The net result would be that that all parts of the field would have a perfectly balanced charge - the one part being entirely indistinguishable from the other.