View Single Post

Old 07-08-2009, 05:32 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to NoNeed
We Need to think differently

Mile High: Note the standard setup is one or more coils, all wired in series, with a load, also in series. So I think that you are incorrect when you mention calculating the coil resistance in parallel with the load resistance.

Of course the load resistor is in series if you are thinking in conventional terms but this generator and it's outputs are far from conventional, if you told me before I saw the DVD that a Generator exists that will accelerate when loaded or even shorted I would have said that is impossible

I have seen first hand what a 400hz aircraft AC Gen does when it's output leads short together or are sent to ground, they arc weld and the generator overheats from the massive load put on it's conventional geometry

We Need to think differently

The reason I thought about considering the load resistor was in parallel was because of this statement that I found,

Perhaps "true negative resistors" operate differently when they are in this state of tapping energy from the vacuum

"The source dipole, once made, is a true negative resistor that freely extracts observable, usable field energy from the vacuum, and pours it out through the terminals of the generator or battery. The outflowing energy moves at light speed through all space surrounding the conductors of the external circuit, and generally parallel to them. It's a tiny bit convergent into the wires, because in the "sheath" or boundary layer of the flow right down on the surface of the conductors, that part of the flow strikes the surface charges and gets diverged into the wires to power up the electrons and the circuit."

Timm: You had asked sometime ago about different methods of winding.

I'd be interested in anyone's experience with coil fabrication with respect to windings. Different ways to wind the coil... Which ways reduce the inductance/impedance ? Are there ways to provide a capacitance effect via the wind configuration ?

We've had multi-filar and twisted multi-filar... Does anyone have data to suggest what twisting does to the reisistance/inductance/ impedance ?
Are there other tricks ?

Here are some good Ground Rules for winding coils

with regards to the Impedance of a coil, the rule of thumb is:

- the more "packed" or concentrated in a smaller volume around the iron core, the higher the inductance and, hence, the impedance; this is why
I always wind my coils by hand on a lathe at very slow speed to make sure the coils are as tightly packed together as possible
- the more a coil resembles a long solenoid (small diameter and high axial length), the higher the inductance;
- the tighter the windings are wrapped around the iron core, the higher the inductance for a given number of turns.
Note that impedance is directly related to inductance, since the impedance is proportional to the product of coil inductance and frequency of the ac voltage across the coil.

As for the multifilar and twisted windings: for higher frequency signals, a multifilar winding is desirable if a higher quality factor (a.k.a. Q)is sought, due to the "depth of field penetration" effect of high frequency signals (the higher the frequency, the lower the depth of penetration), which causes the current to flow only through the skin of the wire (as opposed to the whole cross sectional area).

The low penetration depth effectively increases the wire resistance, and so multifilar wires are employed to obtain a certain inductance with low resistance (to obtain a high Q coil).
Twisting the multifilar wires has the effect of reducing the mutual capacitance of adjacent turns, in order to obtain coils with lower equivalent capacitance. This is desirable when coil capacitance plays a significant role in the system that employs it, since the coil capacitance tends to "short" the high frequency signal across the coil terminals, effectively attenuating or filtering such signals in an unwanted way.
Also, winding the coil with criss-cross turns in adjacent layers (reducing the parallelism between turns) reduces the coil capacitance.

NoNeed