View Single Post

Old 07-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Gold Member

And, I would also add, TinselKoala that I have never seen how you compute your wattage values. It intrigues me that you simply refer to them as 'standard'. There is nothing standard in the way wattage analysis on this circuit is required. It MUST take in the energy from the battery and the energy delivered back to the system by the resistor itself. My very first post pointed this out.

So, as you insist the system does not work - then show us those spreadsheets with that analysis.

And if you really want to find the 'sweet spot' the point at which you can get an optimal return - then just look at the values on you Fluke. It displays the dc average together with the ac. That difference - is the difference between the actual energy dissipated and the energy supplied. And the dc average invariably relates to the sum that is determined in the waveform dump that you may wish to prove on a spreadsheet. In other words the digital display function will be a quick guide to the best frequency and duty cycle.

And whatever your circuit - there will invariably be differences between wiring - induction on the resistor et al. Therefore you need to find that point by varying the frequency and the duty cycle to find that point. Just sweep through the duty cycle, check the displayed ac and dc values on your fluke and I'd say that within minutes you should find that gain.

To get the system to oscillate will - at its least - require a more comprehensive sweep of those duty cycles. There is no need to be fixated on our precise values. As mentioned your circuit components will never exactly replicate ours.