View Single Post

Old 06-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael John Nunnerley View Post
Has anyone thought of the changes in the function criteria when the coil (heating element) starts to heat up. This one way LC circuit has changing conditions, as the element heats up the resistance changes and as so the frequency of off and on of the mosfet has to be changed to gain maximun efficiency. On test done so far, as temp: goes up so does the voltage until the temp: has reached its stable condition. This is just a quick post and I need to look into this a little further. Looking at the posibility of making it self oscillating without external signal

Mike
What you are looking for is a boost converter, which controls its own switching. Careful look at the design characteristics yeids the following device:

The device can be called a regenerative boost converter or a one way tank circuit, and is of one of my origional designs, (please do not use for monetary gain, you will hear from me, lol) I will not provide a schematic, because its easier to envision its opperation mentally.

A battery charges an inductor to near near its limit, per the inductive time constant rules. This inductor is of very low resistance, I have a 1 ohm 10mh coil. I have a small sense coil placed near it. When the inductor reaches maximum, its ability to induce on the sense coil reduces to zero. when it reaches zero, the sense coil turns the switch off untill conditions are right to turn it on again. In this way, even as conditions change that affect the charge discharge cycles, the switch is controlled by the inductor reaching a current limit.

From there the charge is shuttled through a heating element, into a capacitive storage, in high potential, waiting for the switch to open again releasing the charge in the correct polarity, augmenting the initial push. Another way to do this is to have a secondary on the core, with the large inductor, when the capacitor discharges again, it goes through the secondary instead of back thorugh the primary. There are advantages to doing it this way. (essentially the recycled pulse, gets added to the second pulse through a second coil that shares the core with the first)

In this system, the inductor has maximum current rise due to the high conductivity of the input section. The output of the inductor is high impedance (not too high) or high resistance.

Symetry in this case is not having the same element on both halves, it is having its equal and opposite on the other half. One side you have high conductance, the other side you have high resistance, one side you have high inductive reactance, on the other you have high capacitive reactance. all of these conditions are equal and opposites....or mathematically speaking they are inverses of one another. and the system as a whole can be called also a "ring circuit". (notice that sine consine functions, and the unit circle describe the inverse relationship, and also dictate our world of geometry, no coincidence)

There are also ways to do this with NO diodes, and only one or no switching devices. This gets into theory a bit advanced for thsese forums, but perhaps this will get a few thinking.

Look up the phenomenon of 1/4 wave interference. In photography and optics, this is used to selectively cancel out light of a particular frequency through the use of reflection and phase shifting. As it turns out, optics and electromagnetics are one and the same. If you have a ring circuit, and you excite it at some tangent , the "wave" will travel in both directions at once around the ring. If you excite it at two points on the ring, 1/4 wavelength appart, then you effectively cancel out one half of the wave going one direction, and DOUBLE the wave going the other way. Now you have a true one way tank, where energy propagates in one direction only, in a circular track....

From this point, a person could actually begin to re-write the physical laws using the mathematics no higher than trigonometry. Before this was impossible, now it is easy.

Entropy has to have its inverse brother, completing its unit circle relationship.

If anybody is interested, I have a few small demos on youtube under the username Tortuga0303, these give a few jumping off points for understanding electrical embodiements of oscillation.

YouTube - tortuga0303's Channel

Have fun guys.

Last edited by Armagdn03; 06-04-2009 at 07:28 PM.