View Single Post

Old 06-04-2009, 05:58 AM

Uploaded a pic of temp measurement with heating wire I think is similar to that described by SkyWatcher. I scrounged it out of a 12v heated auto coffee mug from the dollar store. Temp is reading 10 degrees above ambient and neon is lit. (Not much I know but give me a break I'm engineering my no-budget prototype out of garbage.) Parts list: Transformer, one 1n4007 diode, small 6v dc motor turning maker breaker disk, neon bulb, 12v battery, wire.

Rosemary Ainslie's Patent (WO/1999/038247) HARNESSING A BACK EMF makes reference to US Patent 5449989. Here's a link to it:
Energy conversion system - Google Patents

Check out the links to this patent's many interesting citations.

Here's a couple that were of particular interest to me:

Electrical invertor apparatus - Google Patents

Energy conversion system - Google Patents - The Tesla Turbine of my dreams again!

Coaxial pseudospark discharge switch - Google Patents

What makes those citations particularly interesting is the following statement from (electric_heater_experiment.pdf) COUNTER ELECTROMOTIVE FORCE ENABLES OVERUNITY RESULTS IN ELECTRIC SYSTEMS

Quote:
The only limitation to wider applications of this technology, appear to be the restrictions of the MOSFET itself. This solid state switching device is a critical component because, as mentioned, its intrinsic diode retains the circuit
integrity during the off period of the duty cycle. Its voltage tolerance also restricts the range of applications that could otherwise be immediately applied.
Perhaps these patents have a clue leading to the overcoming of this restriction. I'm figuring Rosemary Ainslie's observations and math are valid and would like to see where it could lead if we take the liberty of making some assumptions based on them.

Another intriguing passage reads:

Quote:
Many circuits have been evaluated with varying levels of benefit but all circuits have measured gains that exceed unity. These circuits include, for example, the use of single and double wound inductors to induce counter electromotive force. N FETS or P FETS can be applied. The flyback diode has also been variously applied to the same battery or to alternate batteries connected to the supply by a common negative rail. This, in turn results in a recharge of that battery without compromising the energy delivered to the resistor in series with the supply. Tests have also been conducted from alternating current supply sources using step down transformers. Frequencies can be varied but it is evident that the faster the frequency the better the return.
Would love to see a list and comparison of the "many circuits" evaluated that all had "measured gains that exceed unity." Was also hoping maybe some of the Tesla Switchers on the board would comment.

One more quote (Rosemary Ainslie's words are so eloquent):

Quote:
The fundamental laws of physics, as they relate to the transfer of electric energy, have been effectively used. Applications of these have pioneered our most advanced technologies and these are, indeed considerable. Because of the remarkable success in this field, it is widely understood that everything that can be known about electric energy transfer and application, is known. Therefore there has been no need to revisit those principles established by the Laws of Induction. And, consequently also there has been no need to question the Second Law of Thermodynamics. As a result, there are no engineering publications available for citation. It is hoped that this lack will obviate the need for references in this submission.
Perhaps the following is relevant engineering history:

Quote:
Self-induction.—This term signifies the property of an electric current by virtue of which it tends to resist any change of value. Self-induction is sometimes spoken of as electromagnetic inertia, and is analogous to the mechanical inertia of matter.

It is on account of self-induction of the induced currents in the armature winding of a dynamo, that sparks appear at the brushes when the latter are not properly adjusted, hence the importance of clearly understanding the nature of this peculiar property of the current.
Self-Inductance and Inductive Reactance

Maybe I'm way off base here but I've staring Rosemary Ainslie's patent since it hit this board and that's what I'm seeing. As for the direction I'm headed...Can you say "METADYNE"?

Thanks to all for all they've done and keep up the good work.

Peace
PJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heat.JPG (334.8 KB, 174 views)

Last edited by sigzidfit; 06-04-2009 at 06:52 AM. Reason: expansion