View Single Post

Old 06-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Gold Member

Hi folks, ran some tests that I thought some might find useful. I used the circuit shown in the pdf where the title is " Counter electromotive force enables overunity results in electric systems" from Peter L. website. except instead of a mosfet I used an npn tans. with a diode across emitter/collector.
I also used an inductor from a high end car audio cross over network with a 200 milliohm resistance in series with a 1 ohm 10 watt wire wound resistor with copper coil inside. well i assume its copper i opened one up and it looks like copper to me and has no attraction to a neo magnet. and it was pulsed with a 555 timer @ 650 Hz. and a 32% duty cycle. I ran a few tests and found that the voltage when running the tests without the flyback diode connected to the positive of battery/resistor leg dropped the battery voltage much quicker, but when the flyback diode is connected it holds a higher voltage and recovers its unloaded voltage better also, so its definitely getting positive feedback.
Then i ran a crude finger test holding the bottom of the resistor with my thumb and timed how fast it takes to heat the resistor till it becomes to hot for my thumb to touch. after 3 tests without the fly back diode output attached to positive leg it took about 46 seconds before i had to remove my thumb and of course with identical cooling periods in between.
Then i ran 3 tests with the flyback diode connected and it took 25 seconds to reach the same temperature where my thumb cant stand to touch the resistor any longer and with identical cooling periods in between, that is about 54% less time needed to reach the same temperature. So it appears that this setup is not only feeding energy back to the battery but also is increasing the heat output in the resistor and over time and using a calorimeter would confirm Rosemary Ainslie's results.
peace love light