View Single Post

Old 03-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Co-Founder & Moderator

spike - energy - potential distinctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilrehob View Post
So far this spike thing is just another way of increasing voltage and lower the current.

The current is "almost" zero in the spike so the energy in the spike is not higher than the energy in the coil before shutoff.
That's right, getting the voltage potential without the current or bare minimum current...but it is possible to pick off the spike without the current. It isn't simple step up transformation, it is a time rate of change and that is why usually 1:1 turn ratio is used because that is the most efficient for this purpose as far as I know.

Also, in the spike, energy is almost non-existent, that is why it is called potential or potential energy. There is no such thing as energy, it is an adjective to describe the movement of a potential to another potential...high to low or low to high, meaning there is work being done...positive or negative work, entropy or negentropy.

When the voltage potential comes back, it draws more potential to it from the vacuum, adding to the sum of potential, which then gets transferred to a receiver...battery, capacitor, whatever. Once this potential is gathered, it has to go through "forward conversion" then it can move to a lower potential to light a bulb or whatever and as the work is being performed, that work is what energy is. What was being stored? Time. That is why time (width) doesn't show up on the spike - TIME is being conserved within that voltage potential...you'll see some width if you zoom way in at the bottom but for all pracitcal purposes, it is a spike without current.

The higher the voltage, the higher the pressure and therefore, the more dense the aetheric gas is. The denser the gas, the slower the time because it is all locked up in the density that gives a lot of resistance to mass' ability to move.

Let the time out by making it do work...you get work because you let the time out of the pressure..pressure goes down...the less resistance there is to the movement of mass and therefore, time ticks quicker.

The spike is literally a TIME CHARGE. That isn't an analogy or metahpor...it is TIME POTENTIAL that is being used to charge caps or batteries...that is what the spike is.

Anyway, the title of this thread is: "Back EMF vs. Collapsing Magnetic Field Spike"

It has been firmly established by pointing out multiple references of what Back EMF is defined as and none of them are the spike.

I've only been involved with this field for 9 years, which is not as long as many members here but when I started, I also thought that Back EMF was what I was capturing to charge batteries.

Bedini told me to build my coils big so the first trifilar's I built, which I still use are built different from everyone elses. I wanted to get around back emf so bad this is what I did as it was my interpretation of the dual battery charger schematic.

I wound the power and trigger winding together around the coil first. THEN, I wound the recovery winding around those, the same amount of turns, but in the OPPOSITE direction. My thought was that if the Back EMF is Lenz's law, which it is and the counter current is in the opposite direction, then my reverse turned recovery winding should siphon off any back emf through the bridge to the cap so that the forward applied field met less resistance. Electromagnetic Jujitsu.

So to make a long story short, I learned the back emf is not what is used to charge the batteries - and again, back emf is not the spike.

Last edited by Aaron; 03-02-2009 at 08:16 AM.