View Single Post

Old 02-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boguslaw View Post
...so magnetic field of coil + magnetic field of iron core COLLAPSE..
I'm not sure that I follow. Do You mean that the forward EMF generated by the collapse of the field is boosted by the magnet going away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetijs View Post
If you want inductive spikes without any magnets involved, look at Bedini self oscillator circuits or Peters rotary attraction motor.
Now here is a new problem: where do I find a simple as possible but still working schema of a circuit like this? This forum is quite big.
I think a thread dedicated to working schema's with comments (but no discussion at all) would be great. If an error is found or info is to be added to a schema the post is edited rather than a new post is added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
nilrehob - I am almost 100% confident that the passing magnets actually take energy away energy from electrical output and does not add to it.
This is most surprising to me. I must find a way to check this.
Is this contradicting what boguslaw wrote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
The transient spike preceeds the flyback.
How do I generate and detect this? Do You have a osc-scope-shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Right, if you zoom into the spike close enough, you will see it is a triangle with some width getting wider towards the bottom. However, there are spikes like this but also true impulses without the current...this is firmly established.
How do I generate and detect this? Or, where can I read about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
There is a way to have current in the coil AFTER
you remove the input power.
How do I generate and detect this? Or, where can I read about this?

Again, a thread with working schema's accompanied by comments on how to make it work would be must useful, like a patent-repository (but without its restrictions of course), and no discussions. Not only big apparatus but also small parts to show how a specific concept works (like how all kinds of EMF and all kinds of spikes works).
Unfortunately it seems like the forum-software is compressing attached pictures, but that can maybe be changed?