View Single Post

Old 02-15-2009, 01:12 PM

Two years on PATHS

I have been on PATHS for nearly two years, and on Platinum (the customised plan) for nearly one year.

Two main things stand out about the changes in my life over the past couple of years. One is, I've found my niche, especially at work. The other is, I've become my own best friend. Both are things that I never, ever imagined I would achieve in my wildest dreams.

Once upon a time, my life was a mess. As a matter of fact, I would say that the first 30 years of my life were utterly miserable, and the next few years were only slightly better. I had a rough childhood and adolescence - my first suicide attempt was at the age of 11 - and as an adult I was plagued with depression and low self-esteem, hating almost everything about myself and my miserable existence.

You know that feeling you get as a teenager, when you see happy, smiling people and you think that they are living in some kind of magic circle and that you'll always be on the outside? Well, I felt that way all my life until PATHS. Now? I'm inside the magic circle, and loving every minute of it!

I can honestly say that I have never been this happy in my life! And as a bonus, I'm making other people happy too. That's the best part of all!

Nice work, PATHS!