View Single Post

Old 12-30-2008, 04:18 AM
Platinum Member

explanation

I want to make process explanation for Imhotep Radiant Oscillator in Indonesian language since I don't think it exist yet. But I like to know if the current flow I illustrate bellow is correct or not. I am using different coil for current collapsing part and use slower freq oscillation for easier explanation.

Initial state

Current (red arrow) will be charging capacitor and make magnetic force on the relay coil. Once the magnetic force able to pull the switch, it will go to second state.

Second state

Current from battery will make magnetic force in air core coil, where current from the capacitor will keep the magnetic force on the relay coil. Once the voltage of capacitor running out, it will go to third state.

Third state

Current from battery will be charging capacitor again, and also make magnetic force on the relay coil. But because of sudden collapse of current in the air core coil, back EMF (blue arrow) will be generated. The back EMF will charge the battery and some of them will light up the neon. Once the magnetic force able to pull the switch, it will go to second state.

The relay may not go to second state if the capacitor do not store enough current to keep the magnetic force pull the switch and keep the switch at on position.

If Neon replaced by car coil, the neon can light up brighter using the output of car coil but the primary of car coil will draw significant current if no diode is put between the car primary coil and positive power source.

@Inquorate, the relay currently noiseless just by shield it with book. For solid state, what part of them is expensive? I am thinking to use the first design of Bedini solid state charger, the one posted before the end page of panacea bocaf pdf. It seems the wire is the most expensive part.

Last edited by sucahyo; 12-30-2008 at 04:25 AM.