View Single Post
 
Old 09-26-2019, 09:48 PM
soundiceuk's Avatar
soundiceuk soundiceuk is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,286
The 27kg mild steel rotor for the big pump was taken out yesterday and on Monday I picked up the new balanced aluminium 11kg rotor.

Here are the two aluminium discs after I deburred them:



This was the rotor assembled:



This is the rotor after I got it back from the balancers:




These are the free 6" discs I got from the water jetters as their machine messed up the previous discs. These tear shaped hole discs are for the design I have just been posting pictures of:




I've bought new SKF 20mm bearings rated at 8500rpm and also brand new GRW 8mm bearings for the turbine seen previously rated at 156,000rpm.



I've had a small amount taken off the turbine axle just to get the preload on the bearings correct.

I am looking to assemble the large pump tomorrow and test the new aluminium rotor.
__________________
 
Reply With Quote