View Single Post

Old 08-23-2019, 09:07 AM
Gold Member

Hi guys!

I just wanted to thank Aaron for the mention at the conference. That is really appreciated!

7:00 minutes in

Also I wanted to explain to you all what has been widely misunderstood about Tesla's mechanical machines.

There are two ways these machines can be started.

All engines have a speed they need to reach before they will fire.

Tesla's machines are no different.

In the early days Tesla patented the pump and turbine in 21 different countries.

8 of which it was his only patent.

20 countries had the pump and turbine combined.

The US was the only country he split the pump and turbine into 2 seperate patents.

He did this for a reason. It was to draw attention, confuse his competitors and also teach those who decided to become "skilled in the art".

Here is a paragraph from 1909 British Patent 24,001 - IMPROVED METHOD OF IMPARTING ENERGY TO OR DERIVING ENERGY FROM A FLUID AND APPARATUS FOR USE THEREIN

"Since the centrifugal head increases as the square of the revolutions, or even more rapidly, and with modern high grade steel great peripheral velocities are practicable, it is possible to attain that condition in a single stage machine, more readily if the runner be of large diameter. Obviously this problem is facilitated by compounding, as will be understood by those skilled in the art."

It has come to my understanding through experimentation that it is the pump that needs to fire before it will make enough vacuum to fire the turbine (diverging nozzle) or rotary engine (port).

The rim speed at the periphery needs to be transonic / supersonic to create the necessary vacuum -14psi / 28.5 inches of mercury.

This was Tesla's Mk1 starting mechanism and its secrets are buried within the patents and can only be realised through experimentation.

The vacuum pump was Tesla's Mk2 method and if built correctly could make this sort of vacuum well before reaching transonic / supersonic speeds.

What also isn't understood about the vacuum pump is it vacuum's the air and compresses it at the same time.

The Mk1 pump makes this high vacuum when the rotor rim speed goes transonic / supersonic. This causes supersonic explosions and sonic booms which cause the incoming air to be turned into fast moving cold steam aka cloud.

The viscosity jumps to 85 times the viscosity of air. In effect it could be likened to fast moving treacle.

Here is a paragraph from 1909 British Patent 24,001 - IMPROVED METHOD OF IMPARTING ENERGY TO OR DERIVING ENERGY FROM A FLUID AND APPARATUS FOR USE THEREIN

"In the preceding it has been assumed that the pressure of supply is constant or continuous, but it will be understood that the operation will be, essentially, the same if the pressure be fluctuating or intermittent, as that due to explosions occurring in more or less rapid succession."

All these years people have been chasing the Tesla turbine trying to find a secret that Tesla left.

The Tesla turbine needs almost frictionless bearings to see something magical.

However the REAL SECRET is in the pump!

Build a Tesla pump with tear shaped hole discs.

The discs chop the air and make it travel at 90 degrees.

"The only artificial restraint I propose to place on the fluid is restraint in a direction at right angles or substantially at right angles to its direction of motion."

The tear shaped discs chop the air and then using the principles of adhesion and viscosity throw the air out of the volute.

The centrifugal pump is an old invention but it was Tesla that changed the impeller for a series of flat discs with tear shaped holes and ran it a transonic / supersonic speeds to realise it had magic properties.

Build a balanced pump rotor of any size and get the rim speed to transonic / supersonic speeds and you will discover Tesla's single stage self runner!

This is the machine that can run the turbine as either a turbine (diverging nozzle) or port (rotary engine).

The diverging nozzle allows the air to loose its speed to the rotor via adhesion and viscosity and finally impact on the star washers.

The port allows the air to decompress against the rotors centrifugal force producing torque.

All this time people have been chasing the turbine. There are literally 100's of Tesla turbine videos on youtube.

There are less than a dozen Tesla pumps on youtube.

There are some extremely talented motor builders on the Energetic Forum.

Building a motor capable of making a rotor go transonic / supersonic should be an easy task.

I have just rebuilt a 2hp 240v 2800rpm single phase motor. I removed the centrifugal switch and all related components. I am going to be running it using a VFD at 150hz to try and achieve 8400rpm.

My rotor is 31", 800mm so supersonic (Mach 1.0) = 8200rpm and transonic 5750rpm (Mach 0.7)

A 1" rotor would need 280,000rpm (Mach 1.0)

A 5" rotor would need 52,000rpm (Mach 1.0)

I've spent tens of thousands of pounds to figure this out for us all!

Please get building guys!

Don't worry about crazy tolerances and special materials, they are not necessary.

The rotor being balanced and the bearing alignment being good are far more important.

"Besides these, such a prime mover possesses many other advantages, both constructive and operative. It is simple, light and compact, subject to but little wear, cheap and exceptionally easy to manufacture as small clearances and accurate milling work are not essential to good performance. In operation it is reliable, there being no valves, sliding contacts or troublesome vanes. It is almost free of windage, largely dependent of nozzle efficiency and suitable for high as well as for low fluid velocities and speeds of revolution."

All you have to do is copy the shapes directly from the pump patent and make a 5 or 6 layer sheet design and bolt that together with the pump rotor as center as possible.

Even spinning the rotor by hand will make vacuum.

Then get a flexible coupling and fast motor and spin it to transonic / supersonic speed.

The sonic booms are in a partial vacuum so will be very muffled.

Enjoy!

Last edited by soundiceuk; 08-23-2019 at 09:19 AM.