View Single Post

Old 08-02-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMSET View Post
Was this litre's weight measured with the buoyancy force of air acting on it at 1g of acceleration, or without the buoyancy force of air acting on it, is the question. In the absence of air's buoyancy force a litre would not weigh 1 Kg if it was originally defined immersed in air.

In conclusion it is possible to switch a massive bodies apparent weight by manipulating the buoyancy force acting upon it.
Hello Ramset

I've been reflecting on your reply. Was your question relating to the weight of water rhetorical or do you know the answer ? I am unaware of a defined weight of 1kg of water because it is dependent on so many other factors...to the point that I doubt it has ever been defined.

In my previous post I gave a quick estimation for the weight of 1kg of water at sea level by accounting for the bouyancy effect of air but you have returned to the question with the misconception that "a litre would not weigh 1kg"...was this a typo error ?

It seems elementary to comment on the buoyancy force manipulating the apparent weight of a body, hot air balloons for example, which still makes me think you are alluding to something 'bigger' but your response seems quite cryptic. Are you at an early stage of something ?

Happy hunting