View Single Post

Old 03-17-2019, 05:39 AM
Platinum Member

Video

Nice video. Luckily that Dremel tool was turning at high enough frequency to get the speed up under load affect, or he would NOT have seen anything special and would have assumed speed up under load is all bunk. I wish he would have given us the rpm of that motor turning. I have about a dozen or so of those pump motors that I pulled the rotors out of and put around a 12" diameter rotor turned by an MY1016 running on 12 volts. The rpm was NOT high enough to get the speed up under load effect, so of course I got drag when a load was introduced. As I have said before, EVERY coil will speed up under load at the correct frequency. What determines the frequency? Size of the rotor. Number of magnets on the rotor, and speed of the rotor. I only had six of the 2" neos on my rotor. One day I will have to try it with one of my rotors that has 12 of the 1" magnets instead of six, and turn it with the MY1020 running on 36 volts. Much higher rpm, although maybe still not as high as that Dremel, and maybe still not high enough for those coils. I am interested in those little pump motors as generator coils because they have PLENTY of wire already on them, have a gap that is easy to enlarge to get a decent width rotor through (if you have a vice to hold the laminate together and a file or Dremel tool to cut with), can be bought relatively cheaply on the internet and gotten for FREE from the local appliance repair shop, plus have that laminate core that doesn't have as MUCH magnetic attraction as a solid iron core does. Best of all, I DON'T have to wind coils if they will work, and I absolutely HATE winding coils. One day I will have to purchase a coil winder, except I am trying to get away from EVER winding another coil!!!!
Dave

Last edited by Turion; 03-17-2019 at 05:43 AM.