View Single Post

Old 02-13-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armagdn03 View Post
Raui my old friend!!! Good to see you still around. I have not signed into that skype handle in years, not sure I still remember it. My personal email is manriquea@my.uwstout.edu, Ill work on getting skype back up. Thanks for the assist on the simulator.
Likewise! When I saw you post I thought I would get in touch! No problems, I see too many people using the Falstad simulator which is good for some things but really diverges from reality sometimes. I've sent you some mail

@Bogluslaw
Yes you can alter the resistance of the simulated inductor by right clicking it, you'll see the options for the resistance in there. You can also just add a series resistor, I tend to do the latter when I want to play with an inductor's resistance as it's more explicit. I would never want to discourage experimentation (except for the chance someone would blow themselves up but alas, who I I to stop them! ) but I can see some obstacles getting it to work how you've described. I am open to being wrong and have been on many an occasion. I look forward to hearing how your experiment goes! The one question I will ask is this, is a resistor the best load for this type of circuit?

I recently met someone who is trying to assist another group they know of who apparently have a working prototype of a water heater similar but not exactly the same (from the limited idea I have of it) as your idea, idk how much was said in confidence but I do feel comfortable in pointing out that water is an excellent dielectric