View Single Post

Old 02-10-2019, 05:46 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turion View Post
altrez,

That is definitely the drawing that got me started down this path. But just to be a bit more historically accurate, John was talking about very SMALL batteries here. Probably around 1.5 volt, and a TINY light. And this method of recharging them was used way before John’s time by radio operators. I found documentation of this in some old radio books when I began researching this after several years to see why nobody had picked up on it. Turns out it was fairly common among a select group of folks.

Try it as originally intended and then try it with your batteries and you will see dramatic difference in results. It won’t be nearly as efficient with the larger batteries. I realize that goes against what I said in my last post, but that’s what happens on the bench and I will always take what I see on the bench over anyone’s opinion or theory.
Hi Dave,

I agree with you again on everything you said lol. I have SEEN this work on my bench. I have done this lots of diffrent ways and have posted as much as I could over the last 10 years. I even posted in the old closed thread. The issue is however I did not log any of it working to share. So my goal for part one is to have a bunch of data to show what I know works and to share that so that others may also do the same and share their results!

I started with the small D battery's and a low voltage lamp and it ran far longer then I could believe. I then went up to the 7AH battery's and again saw some crazy cool results, I have even used caps and got it to work. The true setup should be in my opinion around 30 Trojan battery's but that is crazy expensive.

If you run across the article's again about others using the setup can you please share I would love to read them.

Thank you for all the help!

-Altrez

Last edited by altrez; 02-10-2019 at 06:18 PM.