View Single Post

Old 02-06-2019, 09:02 PM
Gold Member

The importance of the "diverging nozzle"

If you want to build a machine with plenty of torque, you need a rotor with many discs and a casing with a straight port:

US Patent 1,061,206 TURBINE

"increased number of disks and smaller distance of separation"

If you want to build a prime mover (Tesla Turbine) which it appears no one across the world has done so yet you need a diverging nozzle!

WHY?????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustaf_de_Laval

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Laval_nozzle

Reference 1:

"de Laval nozzle
In 1882 he introduced his concept of an impulse steam turbine[2] and in 1887 built a small steam turbine to demonstrate that such devices could be constructed on that scale. In 1890 Laval developed a nozzle to increase the steam jet to supersonic speed, working from the kinetic energy of the steam, rather than its pressure. The nozzle, now known as a de Laval nozzle, is used in modern rocket engine nozzles. De Laval turbines can run at up to 30,000 rpm. The turbine wheel was mounted on a long flexible shaft, its two bearings spaced far apart on either side. The higher speed of the turbine demanded that he also design new approaches to reduction gearing, which are still in use today. Since the materials available at the time were not strong enough for the immense centrifugal forces, the output from the turbine was limited, and large scale electric steam generators were dominated by designs using the alternative compound steam turbine approach of Charles Parsons.[2]

Using high pressure steam in a turbine that had oil-fed bearings meant that some of the steam contaminated the lube-oil, and as a result, perfecting commercial steam-turbines required that he also develop an effective oil/water separator. After trying several methods, he concluded that a centrifugal separator was the most affordable and effective method. He developed several types, and their success established the centrifugal separator as a useful device in a variety of applications."

Reference 2:

"A de Laval nozzle (or convergent-divergent nozzle, CD nozzle or con-di nozzle) is a tube that is pinched in the middle, making a carefully balanced, asymmetric hourglass shape. It is used to accelerate a hot, pressurized gas passing through it to a higher supersonic speed in the axial (thrust) direction, by converting the heat energy of the flow into kinetic energy. Because of this, the nozzle is widely used in some types of steam turbines and rocket engine nozzles. It also sees use in supersonic jet engines."

Here is an example of how a university didn't build to the patent specification, in what appears to be a deliberate attempt to dumb down the machines capabilities.

This video proves that Tesla's machine runs on heat and not pressure.

The turbine was designed to condense air and use the kinetic energy in heat to spin the turbine ultra fast which moves a lot of air, creating a propelling machine.

I think the motor was designed to increase the radial pressure on the discs and the turbine reduce radial pressure.

US Patent 1,061,206 TURBINE

"In the motor, on the contrary, the first named pressure, being opposed to that of supply, reduces the effective head and the velocity of radial flow toward the center."

So what I am saying is the fluid backs up in spiral paths on the motor with straight port, whilst the centrifugal force coming out from the discs fights the radial pressure of the fluid, which gives torque.

With the turbine, the fluid just keeps shooting for the exhaust after completing many concentric circles unhindered at extreme velocity. The faster it spins the longer the concentric pathway because of more spiral turns. The longer the spiral path, the more boundary layer effect there is.

The turbine loves speed and makes its own vacuum.

This can be massively increased to maximum vacuum with a second stage vacuum.

This is the 179,043 British patent which is the same machine in reverse and larger spaces over top and bottom of the rotor for the extremely large amount of fluid being moved.

Here is the patent. This is the best of all of Tesla's patents I have ever read!

The first paragraph is amazing!

Here is the original:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6i3avihgr...79043.PDF?dl=0

I've ordered my shaft and washers to be made.

I'm still shopping for machine shops and 3D print companies for the casing.

Last edited by soundiceuk; 02-06-2019 at 09:06 PM.