View Single Post

Old 01-30-2019, 01:20 AM

not sure how I missed any replies till now.
thank you for the replies, will take me a while to finish reading the one PDF, and even if the answer is not in there, it is good information, much that I have not seen before.

it is black even without the toner mixed in, so it is likely Fe3O4

there is sure a chance that it is to conductive and will not work.

after thinking about it a few weeks (not sure why I did not think of this right off), I am planning on setting up a small dipole antenna, then enclosing it in the iron oxide power. then checking for resonance.
I do have hardware to check for resonance from 1.6Mhz up to about 200MHz (grid dip meter, suppose to go to 250MHz, but it does not)
so if I do something like assume a velocity factor of 0.15 as a first try on resonance, then I might be able to get close enough to test it in air and inside the iron dust and see the change. If not, then I will use theoretical distance calculations for the free space test.
and also, I will also keep in mind open air resonance for the entire mass of iron oxide powder to see if I am just finding resonance of that.

the NMR resonance at 71-72MHz is something I had no idea of before. So seems like I either want it running at that frequency, or not near it at all. Testing should tell me what one is best.