View Single Post

Old 01-29-2019, 07:36 AM
Co-Founder & Moderator

increase in capacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamnuts View Post
Sorry Aaron,but you don’t even understand RTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamnuts View Post
John.

I told you a battery can gain in capacity on each charge cycle until it gets to a plateau and you disputed that. My hands on experience proving that true is infinitely more valuable than your claims of failure. You've already disqualified yourself as knowing anything about the nature of batteries, especially if you've never experienced an increase in the batteries capacity with each successive discharge/charge cycle. This is the CONTEXT I am writing about. Saying a battery loses 5% every time it is charged is like saying a gas tank loses 5% every time it gets filled up - perhaps English is not your native language.

Charging a battery with spikes - you're lucky if you can measure 20% leaving the coil on a SG for example, yet what do you get out of the battery? 80-85% at minimum with a decent build or 90-95% with an excellent build - that is compared to what left the input battery and not compared to what is measured leaving the output of the SG. If I compared it to what is measured leaving the SG in spikes, I could claim the round trip efficiency is 400%. You would argue that without ever asking if it is a comparison to what left the input battery of the SG or what left the output of the SG.

"
I find it rather sad that quite a few guys are getting egged on to spend
their hard earned,and time, building inefficient,inappropriate systems
and ruining batteries to boot."

Is that your opinion of what has been shared and taught in this discussion thread?

This image shows REAL results that countless people have achieved with charging lead acid batteries - rejuvenating old batteries and having an increase in capacity on each charge cycle - same thing with new batteries to a lesser degree. Putting a 2A12 on a Harbor Freight 35Ah battery for one charge cycle will allow it to discharge about 39Ah on the very next cycle - increase in capacity whether you like it or not.