View Single Post

Old 01-18-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turion View Post
These are the little lawn and garden batteries I am using for this experimenting... We just want you to know it works and there REALLY IS a “next level.”
Thank you for your reply. I've finished my first test, discharging normally my batt down to 10,5 volt, and the results are:
- run time 26 hours 36 min, at 0,8 Amp load (one led bulb) and 14 hours 33 min, at 1,42 Amp load (two led bulbs)
I consider irrelevant, however, my first results. The test with one led lamp was wayyyy to long, so i tried to add a second light, to see what happens.
I am now discharging again my battery, but this time at 2,07 Amp, to fit C20 rate, and this time I will go down to only 11 volts. Because in this test I am using 3 led bulbs as my main light in dining room, during the night, it will take some time to complete the test. So far are 11 hours already gone, and I think it will last only 14-15 hours.
So my hope is that 3BGS would last for more than 30 hours, in inverter configuration with 2 batteries fully charged, and the third discharged to 11 volts.
I will repeat later test with modified motor, but the noise is a big problem in my small place, I don't think my wife and kids will be happy... I have to find a way to cancel or to attenuate the noise...

L.E. OK, so here are the results of second test:
40 Amp Deep Cycle Battery, discharged normally at 2,07 Amp/h down to 11,00 volt - RUN TIME: 18 Hours, 39 MIN, REST TIME: 32 Hours, 19 min Battery was used for lighting one room during night, with 3 led bulbs hooked to an inverter, so this is why it takes 4 days. In attachment, you have all the data.
It is time to start tests in 3BGS configuration + inverter, with 2 Batteries fully charged, and this depleted batt. I hope in this configuration it would last for more than 36 hours...
I'll be back with more results.

Best regards,
Teodor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (135.0 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by axxelxavier; 01-19-2019 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Adding Data