View Single Post

Old 12-03-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwane View Post
Hi ilandtan,
As you have noted your experience with these types of photocopiers, I am going to tread carefully! I think I am correct in stating than the drums used in photocopiers were coated while rotating and also charged with a drum covered in fine needles - But that charging technique might have been a Xerox propriety feature. At the point of light the charged particles become electrified and the dark ares become none active. On some machines the drum or plate is recoated, on some others cooked plated were just recharged.. I think the point I am getting to is Se when fixed "cooked" to a plate, during daylight, the Se is active. At nighttime, it is my understanding that the Se is UV sensitive only, thereby, providing an energy source 24/7 as a collector material. I would suppose, and have not found the reverse opportunity of using an alternative method other than light or UV to get the Se to operate in its own electric zone. Would an electric charge be enough to activate the Se as an alternative to light? I have ordered some Se for experimentation in the new year!! I would think Don would have passed through this information at some time? I shall Suck it and see.

Regards

Dwane

You don't have to tread that lightly, I only fixed them, and did not design them.

I could however offer that the Bias voltage was a key adjustment, as the corona would could only charge the SE surface to a certain point, because the halogen lamps only had a certain level of light for neutralization; allowing the toner (powdered plastic) to statically adhere to the drum. Which had to be pulled off the drum on to the paper by the transfer corona.

That being said, I don't know the foundation of your experiment. I am trying to understand the magnitude.

It might be that UV is present 24/7, but how much energy is that?