View Single Post

Old 08-11-2018, 12:01 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netica View Post
Hello Turion and Matthew Jones,

I think this is the first time I am posting in this thread and would like to take the opportunity to thank you both for the research and work you have put into this project and your willingness to share it with us all here.
I am looking at doing some work on this as I have been quite interested in the things that have been researched and developed by yourselves.
Like usual I am limited with my time but will try to put some things together, I'll see how it goes.

I have been looking at the 1016, 1020 motor design and have purchased a 1020. It has 20 I-segments and commutator sections.
The 1016 commutator has 16 sections I have divide the 20 sections of the 1020 into 4-1, thats 4 connected together with 1 space then repeat at end connection of wind.
Also divide the windings into 4 sections instead of 3 to give the total of 100 winds giving that I have 20 I-sections. I believe this is what Turion has done.
I have wound the motor with 3 strands of .5mm diameter wire.
Section windings have ended up as - 31,23,23,23 = 100 turns total.

netica
All though there is a lot about power recovery out there I would just tune the back plate for the highest speed and not the most power recovery. Speed is what you want.

The rest sounds real good.

What input voltage was the motor rated for?

Matt
ADD BROMIKEY TO YOUR IGNORE LIST He is a saboteur bent on the systematic distraction of every good topic on this forum and since he has been here most working threads have shut down. He is the enemy. If you have blocked him already add this to your signature and encourage others to block him as well. His onslaught of rambling in large text and his constant attempts to misinform at the excuse of being stupid should no longer be tolerated.

USER CP/Ignore list.