Thread: Bedini SG
View Single Post

Old 06-15-2018, 02:27 AM
Co-Founder & Moderator

misc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SeeMore View Post
Aaron,

That's great to hear about the bigger batteries. I want to use this to rejuvenate vehicle batteries (I just bought Peter's video yesterday from your site - using a friend's credit card in case you see the purchase).

I put in a 1k ohm pot and 100 ohm base resistors. Unfortunately, it was not a wire wound pot (it was probably standard carbon track) and burned out after about 10 minutes of use. I let it keep running a few minutes after the pot burned out, but it was at a slower speed. I then thought since it was originally adding resistance to limit the current through the emitter-base junction, having only the 100 ohm resistors there was probably letting a lot more current through risking damage to the transistors, so I stopped it.

I'm not sure I'll be able to buy a wire wound pot here in CR. If not, what should I do instead?

I wasn't able to tune with the pot as I haven't been able to get the tach to work right (it throws out widely varying numbers, some ridiculously high). So all I was able to use the pot for was to slow down or speed up the wheel.

Wrtner,

I couldn't buy strapping tape locally so I just used 2" scotch tape. I think the rubber liner that usually fits inside a bike rim (to keep the inner tube from being scratched by the rim) would be a good addition though. Or, half of a bike inner tube (the half without the valve) or even the whole tube minus the valve. All of those are strong, flexible single pieces with no ends to come undone and because they would be stretched over the magnets, they'd hold everything tightly in place.
Saw the magnet flying post - if you do use tape, at least use strapping tape - the kind with the embedded string. Like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...SIN=B001NBR7BU

LOL, ok , just noticed strapping tape comment.

With big batteries, also use large cables and other connectors.

For my pot-meters, I use Bourne brand - I personally like the 20 turn ones so it is very precise. You could do 2k ohm. Not sure of the wattage rating right off.

You can put a bulb in series - 25ma bulb like a flashlight bulb or something. So trigger wire> 2k ohm potmeter > 100 ohm 1/2 watt resistor > bulb > gate of transistor.

Last edited by Aaron; 06-15-2018 at 02:30 AM.