View Single Post

Old 06-07-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoul View Post
Timm,

For an electric point charge, field lines are straight lines therefore the isolines since there must be perpendicular to the force lines all the time are closed lines, circles. For an electric dipole the isolines are the ones you show in your cartoon diagram (purple).

However, since there is not yet the magnetic charge particle discovered there are no isolines for magnetic fields.

To say that ferrocell is not showing the magnetic flux but isolines is not true.

Magnetic dipole fields are curved space force fields and therefore can not have isolines.

On the other hand electric dipole fields are straight line interacting monopole force fields.

The fact that the isofield of an electric dipole matches the flux field of a magnetic field (dipole) is just another strong indication in nature that Electrism is actually the inverse of magnetism.

EM
I'm struggling to understand your first paragraph.
There are no straight lines in 3-D space. I'm talking about curved space, like a magnetic field.

An iso-line can be curved. It's called a contour line and Michael Snyder wrote a couple of papers on the subject using his Ferrocells.

I can give you references, if you like.

And, how will you explain the appearance of the Bloch region (null) without potential difference?

Last edited by dyetalon; 06-07-2018 at 10:03 PM.